The Daily Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

IMG_8787.JPG

Parked near my office; spare tire is on the left rear now. Popped the bead off the regular tire when doing some.....donuts.....in the winter last year, with some kids and friends in the truck. Haven't been able to get the bead re-mounted on my own, so I'll take it to a shop soon.

Just glad to be back behind the wheel. Can't believe the truck ran as well as it did before the repairs and replacements I did.

Hi folks -

Just wanted to give a shout out to a group who's working to connect some old railroad beds together, on Cape Cod.

I've been on both sides of the coin: a cyclist on the roads, and a driver. As a cyclist, it drives me nuts how oblivious the majority of other riders are, and I share the same feelings when I'm driving (through I haven't been on the Cape since I escaped in 2001).

Anyway, if you have a few min., check out the link and read a bit. The cause might resonate with you, or may not, but I know there are a bunch of YT folks who spend time up the Cape.

Best,

Steve

Three years and counting of gathering parts and I finally got the seats back in the Fj60 and the interior is looking good. The smell of mice droppings and mold is gone. All of the glass in back in and I decided to get the headliner and carpet done by the professionals. Found the seat covers and headliner from Cruiser Corps and got the carpet kit from Trail Tailer was well worth the investment. If anybody ever needs needs a headliner and interior guy let me know.
More to do but the light at the end of the tunnel is getting closer.

FJ60 interior.jpg

FJ60 interior#2.jpg

FJ60.jpg

Three years and counting of gathering parts and I finally got the seats back in the Fj60 and the interior is looking good. The smell of mice droppings and mold is gone. All of the glass in back in and I decided to get the headliner and carpet done by the professionals. Found the seat covers and headliner from Cruiser Corps and got the carpet kit from Trail Tailer was well worth the investment. If anybody ever needs needs a headliner and interior guy let me know.

View attachment 1819626

View attachment 1819634

View attachment 1819637
Woohoo! I got my loyalty member raffle prize from Jason (trail tailor) the other day.... (rear shocks were still in transit). He’s a great guy and mud vendor. Thinking possibly mid Nov to start tackling it.

50C16885-7F15-4061-848A-45AA7FF79BA4.jpeg

It was a mission for sure. I took everything apart. Cleaned the foam multiple times with bleach and Simple Green to get the smell out. Sanded, primer, and painted the frames. Added some extra foam for support. Bought some hog rings and attacked the covers. My neighbor has a true gift and the eye for detail. He made it look really easy putting the covers back on.

Need them and Hog ring pliers to install the covers. Once you start taking the seats apart you will know what I mean.
Tractor supply sells them. I have extras if you decide to do it your self. My truck interior was in need of a complete make over.

Need them and Hog ring pliers to install the covers. Once you start taking the seats apart you will know what I mean.
Tractor supply sells them. I have extras if you decide to do it your self. My truck interior was in need of a complete make over.
Ah I know what your talking about now! Ha, funny.

View attachment 1819626

View attachment 1819634

View attachment 1819637
Looking excellent!! Must be nice to get in there and not smell all the mold, must, and mouse :poop:!

18BCA31C-B9B5-46C0-9BE4-DAE3D2CB4AD6.jpeg
85126035-8D2B-43D9-A689-88B30E23551F.jpeg
So I bought 4RUNNER #6 still have the red wheeler and this will be the daily for a long time before it gets dirty.

A1-Toyota? U see the fj25 in their showroom?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom