The Coleman Thread (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nice big hat!

I need to put in a new plunger cup and get some of the rust out of the fount. I’d like to get it running and use it a little. I only had a couple hours when I tore into it so I didn’t get to go through it as much as I wanted.

Risky I know -
I regularly think of gutting some of mine and making them battery with LED bulbs.

I have two nice Blackdiamond lanterns. They collapse, are easy to pack store and use, so my white gas Coleman’s for the most part sit.
Like what’s the point of keeping these things? But then again I always take at least one every trip car camping

Risky I know -
I regularly think of gutting some of mine and making them battery with LED bulbs.

I have two nice Blackdiamond lanterns. They collapse, are easy to pack store and use, so my white gas Coleman’s for the most part sit.
Like what’s the point of keeping these things? But then again I always take at least one every trip car camping
I’ve seen a few pictures of Coleman lanterns converted to LED and 120v and used as interior house/study lamps... they would make slick porch light sconces...

Here’s one.

The point of keeping them is perhaps more pertinent than keeping 50 and 60 year old jeeps on the trail.

It's a caveman thing. Light and heat from burning stuff. LEDs are great especially in a flashlight/headlamp but obviously not the same. Not to mention that these old appliances are made of metal in America or Canada. So that's a nostalgia thing for me. And they just plain work when you need them to. Like a LC. Oh yeah and they're fu(k!ng cool.

Not Coleman but Aladdins are cool for the same reasons.

Found this on Craigslist while on vacation in Orlando. Date stamped 7/67. Has a few scratches but other than that it’s almost cherry. Should clean up really well, and was super stoked to find it with the box and all papers.

BE4F2976-D270-4F12-8093-750F527BEE2C.jpeg

Last edited:
I posted this stove a few years ago. It was my grandfathers and I got it when he passed. The last few trips it hadn't been heating real well. Cleaned it up with some Dawn dish soap and used a small wire bristle on the orifice. Good as new and sounds like a jet when running on high again. Ill be taking it on our next trip. It is a 413E with the propane conversion

IMG_4599.JPG

Picked up another 502 off Craigslist dated ‘62. I have to say I am loving these little single burners.

1226A786-F8BD-44A6-88DF-1B685B86F36F.jpeg

0F53D13A-617D-480E-88D7-4D7B41BC3E17.jpeg

Just rec'd this clean 5410A700 Propane stove (2/84) and stand --- (ePay) I wanted a propane stove to "T" off my trailer tanks.

I'm planning on taking it apart and grease all the seals and replace packing rings- the main burner valve seems very loose ... Also, anyone know size source of these O-rings ? Sure, there's Old Coleman parts but I was seeing if I could get something local.

As for burners, do any of you use high-temp anti-seize on the rings or screw when refurbish?

Thanks!

Just rec'd this clean 5410A700 Propane stove (2/84) and stand --- (ePay) I wanted a propane stove to "T" off my trailer tanks.

I'm planning on taking it apart and grease all the seals and replace packing rings- the main burner valve seems very loose ... Also, anyone know size source of these O-rings ? Sure, there's Old Coleman parts but I was seeing if I could get something local.

As for burners, do any of you use high-temp anti-seize on the rings or screw when refurbish?

Thanks!

View attachment 1947889

View attachment 1947890

Man that looks brand new!! Nice score!

It has some problems with the main burner. I suspect it was a factory issue and the OP just stuck in back in the box and forgot about it. It's been fired once or twice, but no sign of cooking use...

I'll prolly take the valves apart tomorrow and see what's up.

Few scores over the past couple weeks. First is a Coleman Kitchen. Been wanting one for a while when I found this one. Still has the cover bag, the rubber sink stopper and the game board pieces have never been out of the plastic.

7A56F2EE-6ACA-40AB-8409-84E9870ACDEA.jpeg

2D88D084-0A81-41D6-A20C-22EF834625F7.jpeg

BB493A38-9978-47FB-9124-891BF2DA2A44.jpeg

Next is a 413F stove. Still had the box and was in great shape. This has became my favorite 2 burner, because of the size and the different latch. It was pretty clean when I got it but I’ve taken it all down, cleaned, waxed and got it back together last night.

438EADC6-B5D1-4831-B7C7-DE2F1B88A482.jpeg

E8CB8EAD-594E-448D-9A24-638420C54995.jpeg

Next is a 413F stove. Still had the box and was in great shape. This has became my favorite 2 burner, because of the size and the different latch. It was pretty clean when I got it but I’ve taken it all down, cleaned, waxed and got it back together last night.

View attachment 1957382

View attachment 1957383
Newb Q, what’s the red bar for? Haven’t seen that before.

Folds back to hang towels, tongs etc.

I actually thought that as well and it still can be used for that but I was taking a closer look at the box and it says it the lid can be layed back for a level work surface while cooking. I haven’t tried it yet but the only way that can be achieved is by using the red bar to support the lid. I will try it when I get home. So according to the box the red bar is essentially legs for support.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom