The Beer Thread (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Not really a beer but has to do with a beer so I thought i'd post it here also in case you guys never go to the bourbon thread
18118551_10154680910537875_9089877002171014941_n.jpg

18157174_10154680910687875_1358754974440654657_n.jpg

I am drinking Stone Variety pack, Uinta, Miller Lite, and Foothills Variety pack. The Stone and Foothills are amazing while the Uinta is really smooth and flavorful.
Stone%2BIPA%2BMixed%2BPack%2B1.jpg

^^ Was that the case at Costco? It is out in Apex now I think if so :(

Stopped at Burger Bach in Durham. Good burgers. Continued to Stone Brewing in Richmond. Good beer.

Enjoy by 5/29/2017 is very nice.

3DF02BE1-7461-4465-A041-D265419EEF57.jpg

Ruination and Pataskala Red.

IMG_4702.JPG

Last edited:
^^ Nice lil trip you got goin Jeremy!

Cheers to everyone on the east coast... sun just setting here. Great beer to end a great day.

18119326_10154691126867875_1580385631485361310_n.jpg

Last edited:
@lt1fire New Holland tried a similar bourbon to bourbon barrel stout barrels a few years ago. I couldn't tell the stout barrel had any affect on the bourbon. Curious what your thoughts are after tasting that Glenfiddich.

@lt1fire New Holland tried a similar bourbon to bourbon barrel stout barrels a few years ago. I couldn't tell the stout barrel had any affect on the bourbon. Curious what your thoughts are after tasting that Glenfiddich.

its grand... but if one doesn't really like scotch the results may be varied.

Had a hint of hops on the back end of the taste. I really dig it but others may not. Fly on out and try it ;)

Enjoying some Sierra Nevada at my favorite place on the planet. Newcombe ranch at 5800 feet up in the LA mountains.
Besides more sport bikes and dual sports we were treated to a Focus RS, tons of stangs, a hell cat, Maserati, Aston Martin's, Porsche, zr1, one Lamborghini and 10 stirs.

Weather like always was amazing

FB_IMG_1493504452771.jpg

Of course you knew it was just a matter of time before Coors or Anheiser Busch realized that craft beers are going to destroy them. So, much in the same way companies like Shell and BP invest in Solar and wind power knowing they're doomed if they're not:

Anheuser-Busch to Purchase Wicked Weed Brewing | Brewbound.com

DAMMIT~!

Of course you knew it was just a matter of time before Coors or Anheiser Busch realized that craft beers are going to destroy them. So, much in the same way companies like Shell and BP invest in Solar and wind power knowing they're doomed if they're not:

DAMMIT~!

You can thank our money-grubbing legislature and big time lobbyists:

Distribution law caps NC brewers' ability to grow :: Out and About at WRAL.com

DAMMIT~!

Nothing new, I don't think AB Inbev was ever in danger of getting destroyed 7 out of 10 beers served world wide is owned by them or something like that. They've already bought out major brewers like Elysian, Goose Island, Devil's Backbone, Golden Road, etc

This is great news (in the short run) for all my charlotte peeps Brawley's Beverage will soon... today or this week have a fire sale on all their wicked weed stock. The owner cannot stand breweries that do this and refuse to sell their stock (strangely making it the only craft beer store that you can't get BCBS on black friday). So @joyRidaz look out for that.

So far this hasn't effected other breweries that have sold out yet... most report all the same brewers work there and their profits have gone up. But that doesn't mean it will last forever that way. If ABinbev or Molson/Coors buy enough then they will start to flood the market with cheaper watered down "craft" beer to try and kill off the rest of that industry. At them same time i'm sure wages will be drastically cut for everyone and work quality will suck. Or at least that is my projection on it. Who know's we may be wrong and they may be happy just having good beer in their portfolio.

And yes lots of NC breweries have been saying it for years that the state is killing an industry that is only in its first decade in NC and that sooner or later some will go under (which has already happened) or sell out which has also started within the last year. Sadly there won't be a huge uproar from the craft beer scene in the US like when elysian or goose island sold out because of what the state legislator did. Meaning that those other brands were well known outside of their respective states. Because of the cap nobody outside of NC and some parts of SC really know anything of the craft breweries in NC. I run into hardcore beer guys here at tasting that have never heard of any beer outside of NC other than Carolina Blonde. I love it when that happens because I get to educate them on all the great brews that NC has to offer but then sadly end it with.... well if you don't fly to NC then you most likely will never try them.

Last edited:
IMG_1478.JPG
Well hope they dont mess with tradition........ enabled by @weejub

View attachment 1453861 Well hope they dont mess with tradition........ enabled by @weejub

well they have owned 50% of them for 3 years or so now and it still seems the same.

Like I said in my earlier post I think that for the time being none of the crafts bought out will change at all... down the road though after enough has been acquired to make a push they may first lower the prices significantly to try and force others out of business and then when they have acquired enough market share from that lower the quality to match.

We shall see though. I still drink the bought out ones from time to time.

And the fire sale of WW stock in Charlotte has started ..... great deals at Brawley's and also Carolina Beer Temple to name a few

Wicked Weed beer sale marks flashpoint in brewery turf wars

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom