The Archdiocese FJ45 FST Factory Soft Top (Troopy) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Goed idee !! Ik vind dat je kopje is half vol!!

Yes, it really sucks!! Hopefully, the shipper has some insurance money for you...

Regardless, I love your pious 45!!

View attachment 1015456

So the mount shown in your photo (that's missing its through-bolt) is the No.7 mount I've circled here in purple .... Right?

The EPC doesn't show any through-bolts being used for either No.7 mount (purple dots).

But then is doesn't show any for the No.6 mounts either (red dots) ... which also appear to be designed to have them...

Do you have through-bolts in those six No.6 body-mounts?

:beer:

For the records;

On both vehicles:

The bolds of supports No.7 hasn't been placed in the rubbers

The "higher" placed supports (2 x) No. 6' are just support disc rubbers with a very small support on top of them.

The last No. 6 before the No. 4 has not been placed the long traverse, but on the diagonal beam that locks up the spare.

:cheers:

Of course on the first pictures the beige/brown bumper looked like ......

Changed it for a new one and thought to see how the PTO winch would look nice on the white colored truck.

I want "rewire" the winch, can somebody inform me how many feet long cable these winches came original?

Here the pictures

FJ45 13a PTO.JPG

FJ45 012 PTO.JPG

Can't wait to get these supermarket swampers changed out for 255x85x16" tires, but as these size tires are not available here one has to be very patient till the goods come in.

It has been a long time since I posted in this thread.

As said before, the Archdiocese FJ45 Troopy came with a complete thick file with the total history, even from before the actual truck was there.

Many papers, from the order of the customer direct to Toyota Nagoya in september 3, the receiving telex confirmation on the invoice, the invoice from the Toyota Moter Sales Company inc in Nagoya Japan and original Bill Of Lading, insurance certificates etc..

Just fun stuff to see.

You can also see what the price was then.

I finally get into to start on that truck, so I will finally ad some pictures of these papers.

FJ45 blanco 1981 original invoice 2.jpeg

FJ45 W 1981 BILL OF LADING.jpeg

Although the Troopy is in a very good rust free shape, the (PO) maintenance department of the monastery must have been pleased to spray the floor inside with a rough white Body Schutz to protect it

This made the floor very difficult to clean and didn't look nice and smooth as original.

Finally i found a body shop qualified and willing to do the job,.

It took them long to take everything off properly, but finally today the inside was painted, so it is back to normal and im very pleased with it.

ARCH FJ45-1.jpg

ARCH FJ45-2.jpg

ARCH FJ45-3.jpg

ARCH FJ45-4.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you Mike, but maybe the gloss came out a little bit to shiny, but at least it's much much better then that horrible Schutz stuff.

The pics have a little weird color tone, because they were taken with the cell phone inside the spray booth.

As they did a good job I decided to let them do the outside also, so it will take some time before I have it back and can take final pictures.

Last edited:
It has been a long time since I posted in this thread.

As said before, the Archdiocese FJ45 Troopy came with a complete thick file with the total history, even from before the actual truck was there.

Many papers, from the order of the customer direct to Toyota Nagoya in september 3, the receiving telex confirmation on the invoice, the invoice from the Toyota Moter Sales Company inc in Nagoya Japan and original Bill Of Lading, insurance certificates etc..

Just fun stuff to see.

You can also see what the price was then.

I finally get into to start on that truck, so I will finally ad some pictures of these papers.

View attachment 1216332

View attachment 1216334

dat een goede prijs Eric!

dat een goede prijs Eric!

Yes a good price now !

The $7,820 CIF price of 1981 for a FJ45 seems high to me as the price for a FJ40 in the US in these years was a around $3,500 from the dealer if Im well informed.
'

FJ40 prices in the US increased significantly in the early 80s. I bought a new 77 FJ40 for just over $6K with radio, rear heater and mud/snow tires. By 1982, the window sticker base price was over $10K.
82.jpg

FJ40 prices in the US increased significantly in the early 80s. I bought a new 77 FJ40 for just over $6K with radio, rear heater and mud/snow tires. By 1982, the window sticker base price was over $10K.
View attachment 1340687

Did some more homework, yes these prices were much higher then i thought. A '79 without power steering for $6,100 and march '83 for $12,800.

Last edited:
California emissions and 13 mpg drove up the price :rolleyes:

Did you buy your '77 in the US or Nederland?:cheers:

The 1977 was brought new from Holland by a Dutch guy, after 7 years he sold it to the second local owner that sold it to me.

It was just after I was reducing the herd, sold me Cadillac and my FJ40 1983 that month, so down 2, 1 up again.

ZON_4929.jpg

Maybe you wanted to know Danny, the Cadillac was also used for weddings and other............

The 1977 was brought new from Holland by a Dutch guy, after 7 years he sold it to the second local owner that sold it to me.

It was just after I was reducing the herd, sold me Cadillac and my FJ40 1983 that month, so down 2, 1 up again.

View attachment 1340699

Maybe you wanted to know Danny, the Cadillac was also used for weddings and other............

I'm getting confused between you and @wscbill... Both old invoices and both gold star... My attention to detail is lacking this morning. :p

So, you've missed your Cadillac, huh Eric?

... And you now have the Troopy for "other"... ;)

Laissez les bons temps rouler :steer:

Last edited:
Eric the 43 and 45 are beautiful trucks! I really like the SA hardtop and the tire/wheel combo.

Great thread ! your 43 , is that a fibreglass top ? thumbs up on the 45 acquisition, Sweet !

Yes it is fiberglass, in Colombia most of the trucks were delivered without hard/soft top, two companies made local fiberglass tops voor de 40 series.

Soon the Archdiocese FJ45 FST 1981 white is coming from the painter

At this moment I have 3 "old" soft tops,
1 for the white FJ45 FST doors type with perfect bows and
2 for the other FJ45 FST tailgate type with only 1 in "reasonable good" set of bows.

The 1 Soft top with the doors I would like to have redone.

The FJ45 FST 1981 (primer) truck with the tailgate soft top I'm maybe going to sell as I just want to stay with 1 FJ45 FST Troopy.

First would like to get the white one completely ready. Pictures will follow soon

(Placed this also in answer on HJ47 Soft Top Wanted)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom