Builds The Adventure begins: Building an Arkana FJ45 Troopy three door. (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I Like Dune Beige!!!

DSC05335.JPG

DSC05356.JPG

DSC05359.JPG

DSC05364.JPG

DSC05363.JPG

Nice rig I’ve always loved the Arkana trucks... a buddy has a camper version

Great truck you got

Love the rack as well ... that was a dealer rack ... same friend different truck had same rack on his standard troopy

@stainless 40/45 another Arkana

I don’t think that front bumper was what it came with ... my buddy Had a grill guard that was also a dealer add on ... on his troopy

Would have loved to galvanize my whole truck lol

Nice rig I’ve always loved the Arkana trucks... a buddy has a camper version

Great truck you got

Love the rack as well ... that was a dealer rack ... same friend different truck had same rack on his standard troopy

@stainless 40/45 another Arkana

I don’t think that front bumper was what it came with ... my buddy Had a grill guard that was also a dealer add on ... on his troopy

Would have loved to galvanize my whole truck lol

Thanks johnnyC,
I don't know if this rack was a factory option, mine has the raised roof from Arkana with taller rack sides and if you look at the mounting of the rack it doesn't go on the drip rail, it actually bolts to aluminum angle brackets then thru the side panels into the inside and bolts thru two roll bars that mount to the floor all sandwiched together. The rack and the bullbar are made from aluminum also, I will post pics later.
Cheers.

this was my buddy Jims rack... very reminiscent to say the least

View attachment 1874405

You are correct, I think Arkana used the top hoop portion and made different extended legs using two down pieces instead of one and made them to bolt thru the side panels. Thanks.

Time to start putting the body back together, side panel install, the inside of the body and the underneath is coated with the Raptor Tintable coating. It went on really well and is very hard, hopefully will last a long time.

DSC05388.JPG

Two fuel doors for long range cruising.

DSC05389.JPG

Installing the windshield frame.

DSC05428.JPG

And connecting the two.

DSC05457.JPG

I bought a weatherstrip seal from another company but didn't like it, it was basically a cut to fit seal for the top roof. I remembered talking with Andy @koxfarm and remembering the great work he did on his Troopy and he previously mentioned @Racer65 @CityRacer and the great products he started making for the Troopie's. I purchased his roof weatherstrip along with a bunch of other products he sells and couldn't be happier, high quality stuff and it fits great.

DSC05460.JPG

i Think it was an Aussie cruiser ... but can’t recall just where he imported it from

Loved that truck... at the time it was one of maybe about 4 in the US

If James shows up he can give you more detail ... his arkana I got pics someplace

There is a thread on mud about them ... origins when were type stuff

I must not have went back to that thread in quite some time... as I see now you posted to it lol

Link: FJ45 Arkana?

I do t get to the 45 section much lol

James’s Arkana I had posted there... can’t believe he’s had it since 07’ man does time fly

He’s owned MANY cruisers

I like Stainless, since I am building this monster to last a long time I am using as much Stainless fasteners as I can, looks really good too.

DSC05429.JPG
DSC05444.JPG
DSC05448.JPG

Also making rubber gaskets to go in between the painted hinges and other pieces to try and keep the moisture out and stop any rust from starting. Hopefully it will help.

DSC05451.JPG

Working on fabricating the Stainless Steel exhaust system, connecting two 2 1/2 pipes coming off of the headers into one three inch system all the way back using a Dynomax Ultra Flo welded Stainless muffler, should sound pretty good, we tested these mufflers years ago on some race engines and really liked how they sound.

DSC05491.JPG
DSC05495.JPG
DSC05500.JPG
DSC05506.JPG
DSC05535.JPG

I think an update is needed! Is she on the road!@geofnip
Thanks Whitey, it is not on the road yet, we have made some more progress but not a lot as we have been slammed at work, I will find some time to put some more updates.
Cheers, Geoff.

Had the Stainless exhaust system coated with Thermal Barrier Ceramic coating in Matte Black.

DSC05539.JPG

Exhaust Tip location.

DSC05555.JPG

We are using Stainless V Band clamps like in Turbo applications for longevity and sealing up.

DSC05559.JPG

Under carraige showing exhaust system.

DSC05560.JPG

DSC05561.JPG

Cheers everyone.

Amazing attention to detail! Not sure how I would ever want to drive this, it’s too clean! Have used those v band connectors on a build, they are slick and leak free! I remember back in 01 after doing a frame off on my 65 fj45 lpb, first thing I did was go to the biggest mud pit and proceeded to get stuck up to the frame rails( was on 40” boggers) I just wanted to get it over with and start using and enjoying the truck after a long 5 year build! I probably spent 5 days cleaning it!

Amazing attention to detail! Not sure how I would ever want to drive this, it’s too clean! Have used those v band connectors on a build, they are slick and leak free! I remember back in 01 after doing a frame off on my 65 fj45 lpb, first thing I did was go to the biggest mud pit and proceeded to get stuck up to the frame rails( was on 40” boggers) I just wanted to get it over with and start using and enjoying the truck after a long 5 year build! I probably spent 5 days cleaning it!

Thank you Whitey for the compliment, that means a lot. I have thought about when it comes time to drive it and where, I think I will take your advice and hit the mudhole right away. I built it with clean up in mind {I hope} utilizing powder coat, ceramic coat, and will be trying to seal it up as best as possible. Like you it will give me a good idea after the mudhole of how much clean up will be necessary and how easy it will be {or not}. Good thing I have a good pressure washer, LOL.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom