The 2 Minute Fix - Sunroof Noise (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Great tip!!! Cheap tricks like this and all the other helpful advice is why I keep coming back. Thanks!

Did it this weekend with just a piece of 14 gauge wire I found in the garage. works like a charm!

hmmmm....but this doesn't stop all the plastic rattle, creeking and popping right? just the wind noise?

I'm so sick of all the rattle, creek, popping i want to kick the fawker out and weld in a sold sheet of metal in place of the POS.

hmmmm....but this doesn't stop all the plastic rattle, creeking and popping right? just the wind noise?

I'm so sick of all the rattle, creek, popping i want to kick the fawker out and weld in a sold sheet of metal in place of the POS.

ummm... chewing gum?

ummm... chewing gum?

:lol:, or give your kid a ball of silly puddy, they have the ability to find places we don't know exist in cars.

i actually do have one of those wind deflectors. It was on the rig when i bought it. Maybe i'll throw it back on just to see if it cuts down on the ARB rack noise.

I would like to get one of the wind deflectors, if anyone has a line on one please lmk.

I would like to get one of the wind deflectors, if anyone has a line on one please lmk.

I got mine from Performance Products Sunroof Wind Deflector it's double-sided tape, and it's been on there for about 6 years now, still doing fine.

But I do get some wind noise when I close the roof after having it flipped up, less if I slide it closed, always been like that- I'm going to try this wire shim method, thanks for the tip! :cheers:

Awesome idea! I'll try it tomorrow! Thanks... :)

i heart mudder ingenuity... :cheers: nice and thanks for sharing.

i'm still working on the free mod to make my 80 accelerate like my sti, or better. haven't cracked it yet... :lol:

awesome, my wife was just saying how that wind noise bugged her. Now she cant say i dont do anything for her!!!! haha, great fix

Aside from the reduction in noise, does this reduce/eliminate water leaks from the sunroof?

I forgot that I did this a long time ago. I guess it's still working.

One of the best, cheapest, and quickest mods!

$0.99 thrift store phone cord. Lubed up sunroof gasket with dielectric grease (probably not necessary) and done.

If you need to close the headliner cover to eliminate a bit of wind noise then this fix is for you.

Faster than removing the glass for the inner-tube fix; way cheaper than glass replacement (for new gasket).

Forgot about this thread. Obviously still working after 10 years.

Great tip, can't wait to do this! :beer:

Aside from the reduction in noise, does this reduce/eliminate water leaks from the sunroof?

After a summer and winter of testing I can confirm that coating the sunroof gasket with dielectric grease helps to keep water out.

Of course I cleared the drains out, but this seemed to work very well for a week or so before I had time to tackle that project correctly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom