Builds Tex's 2019 GX460 build (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Stocker next to ours for comparison.

6BNr82j.jpg

w4AJ1x6.jpg

hI079ln.jpg

64M3lUe.jpg

That looks amazing Tex. After this is all over I think it's time for me to test drive in a GX.

If you've ever wanted a 4Runner but hated all of its shortcomings then you'll likely love the GX. They take a few mods to shed the gaudy plastic and soccer mom looks but they are very rewarding to drive for the money.

If you've ever wanted a 4Runner but hated all of its shortcomings then you'll likely love the GX. They take a few mods to shed the gaudy plastic and soccer mom looks but they are very rewarding to drive for the money.
I’ve always been a full size Dom truck guy, but this seems like a great DD and overland vehicle. I’d love a 200 series, but not the price at this time. Great bang for your buck out of the GX.

I’ve always been a full size Dom truck guy, but this seems like a great DD and overland vehicle. I’d love a 200 series, but not the price at this time. Great bang for your buck out of the GX.

Agreed and same here, I still prefer a full size. We have a LX570 as well and it runs circles around the GX in the comfort, class, and luxury department but it damn well better at $40K more lol. We use our GX for around town, close by weekend get aways, camping, beach, to the ranch, etc. The LX goes to dinner, long distance drives, and takes momma to work. We are torn on what will replace the LX, maybe another LX/LC, possibly a 3/4-ton or 1-ton diesel 4x4 or what I am currently hot on, a 4WD diesel Sprinter that I can build out.

One down, one to go! (referring to up grades...)

I got tagged by a "non-citizen" yesterday leaving the gas station, 120% his fault. He tried to leave the scene and act as if he didn't speak english, my threatening to call the cops in both english and spanish as I snapped pics of his license plate and his face with my phone was enough to get him to reconsider fleeing, not surprised as this is typical behavior. Sadly this is more than likely going to be a claim on my uninsured drivers policy, it's lovely dealing with these types and they receive no consequences for their actions and lack of responsibility. I'm not looking forward to my increased premiums. Luckily the damage wasn't severe and was localized to the front bumper alone so hopefully I can parley this into a winch bumper instead of replacing the factory plastic piece.

Had the same happen to me some years ago. But the CHP looked at how the accident happened and wasn't buying the "No habla English" line.
And like you, the person had no insurance and not a current license. All that will probably happen is they will keep on driving... :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2:and do it again to someone else.
Pisses me off!!

Last edited:
I got tagged by a "non-citizen" yesterday leaving the gas station, 120% his fault. He tried to leave the scene and act as if he didn't speak english, my threatening to call the cops in both english and spanish as I snapped pics of his license plate and his face with my phone was enough to get him to reconsider fleeing, not surprised as this is typical behavior. Sadly this is more than likely going to be a claim on my uninsured drivers policy, it's lovely dealing with these types and they receive no consequences for their actions and lack of responsibility. I'm not looking forward to my increased premiums. Luckily the damage wasn't severe and was localized to the front bumper alone so hopefully I can parley this into a winch bumper instead of replacing the factory plastic piece.

Use it to your advantage and get that front bumper since you'll be paying for it in the long run anyway.

Ironman Premium front bumper ordered.

Ironman Premium front bumper ordered.
If you are going Ironman and you want upgraded LED fog lights, you may want to check out Stedi out of Australia. They have replacement fogs for various applications, including Ironman front bars - LED / DRL FOG LIGHT TO SUIT IRONMAN BULL BAR | BLACK. With the favorable exchange rate, their products appear to be a good value for quality.

I am going to order their Type-X Pro lights for our LC 200, and may get the replacement fogs for my ARB Summit bar.

you might as well pull the trigger on the kaymar rear. No point in waiting :)

Lol, I am still waiting around to see what C4 and 4x4Labs come up with before I commit to the $3200 Kaymar that I am not totally in love with.

If you are going Ironman and you want upgraded LED fog lights, you may want to check out Stedi out of Australia. They have replacement fogs for various applications, including Ironman front bars - LED / DRL FOG LIGHT TO SUIT IRONMAN BULL BAR | BLACK. With the favorable exchange rate, their products appear to be a good value for quality.

I am going to order their Type-X Pro lights for our LC 200, and may get the replacement fogs for my ARB Summit bar.

I will certainly look into those, I've never heard of them before. I was sort of planning on running a pair of BD Squadron Pro's.

Weren't you going to go for the CBI?

It was on the short list but I was always leaning more towards a full bar simply for protection. I certainly could have used it the other day lol.

The Ironman upgrade LED driving lights for the bumper are, um, less than desirable. BD or the Rigid SAE driving light are the only two I'd go with, and did. Once I sent my Ironman LED back, I drilled a hole in the bumper and installed my Rigid SAE driving lights. They integrate with the low beams well and have a very close color to the factory low beams. The cube lights I installed dont look great in a round hole so I will be ordering the round ones eventually.

E2BD7526-D30B-4771-9995-AF27292ABA24.jpeg

Bumper is on it's way. Hopefully I can have it on by the week after next.

Looks like we are going to have to file under uninsured/underinsured and let the company subrogate with the other party as he appears to be playing the "dodge the calls" game. I am not surprised but he can rest assured that he'll have a civil suit against him as well in the coming months.

Bumper is in but we are still fighting with insurance. We don't have a final number on repairs yet so we can't move forward with anything at the moment, this has been extremely frustrating. I hope to have a final quote and approval to move forward with repairs by sometime early next week. I want this over so I can have my vehicle back.

syyf2by.jpg

Been there, I feel your pain...
Although, to me as an outsider and as you're posting it, the process seems to be going pretty quickly, not like some insurance companies.

Been there, I feel your pain...
Although, to me as an outsider and as you're posting it, the process seems to be going pretty quickly, not like some insurance companies.

It'll be 3+ weeks before I can even schedule for repairs, that isn't my idea of quickly lol especially when I usually have this kind of thing handled and in the shop within the week. It is what it is, first world problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom