Technitop RTT (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I had some stuff up for sale on Craigslist and mentioned I was selling to upgrade for a RTT and a guy responds with a RTT for sale. I have seen pics and it looks pretty good. I am meeting him this Sunday to discuss a purchase. He wants to get a camper.

Anyways, it is a Technitop with awning and he is asking 650.00. He said he will work with me on the price. I have done a little research, but there isn't a ton out there on these models. Is anyone aware of a US dealer in case I want to buy parts or additions if I get it?

His starting price seems good and he has sent me pics with it open. He says it is free of rips/tears. The vinyl cover has a couple of holes in the corner, but the tents plastic case and all material, zipper, screens, and ladder are in great order.

Does anyone know if this is a good deal ? Or, does anyone ave any feedback on the Technitop?

Thanks.

-Rob

If in good condition, I'd say that is an great price. I believe Technitop is owned by African Outback. I'm not aware of an AO dealers in the US.

I read the review posted here and it sounds interesting. Like to know what they go for new. Set up and take down doesn't sound much different than my CVT, except for I don't have to worry about poles or sitting on it to close it up. Also interesting that a few have upgraded the mattress, which is what I've done with mine. From what I read, though, it sounds like a well built tent.

Overland Journal did a tent review and that was one of them. I don't remember which issue, but an "official" review is out there... I agree that that is a great price. I want to say that $1,800 new is close.

Honestly. ..I'd offer him $500, you can buy a brand new CVT for kike $750.

Overland Journal did a tent review and that was one of them. I don't remember which issue, but an "official" review is out there... I agree that that is a great price. I want to say that $1,800 new is close.

IIRC it won the "editor's choice" award... but that was a few years ago now and there have been a number of new entries in the market.

FWIW, I like mine. $650 is a deal if it's in good shape.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom