Tech Day / Wrench Night 2017 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Alright, help me pick a date:
January 28, 2017

Saturday – January or February, 2017 (Lent starts in March so that’s out)

The fun will go from 1pm - ?

Join us for some wrenching, eating, drinking and just hanging out. Food and drinks will be provided and even a small RC rock course. There will be homemade chili as well as brats, burgers and dogs with some pop, light and other. You can wrench or just hang out and sit and watch 4x4 DVDs while shouting out useless advice on how to fix something.

This is only a small heated shop so most likely only one project in at a time due to the tables and chairs. But we will be comfortable and the weather will not dictate anything.

There is a lift, mig 220V welder, 20gal. parts cleaner, 20 ton press, metal band saw, drill press, Toyota tools, air tools, hand tools, blah, blah blah.

Show up for 5 minutes or the whole day.

Go ahead and post up a project that we can work on.

Just PM me for the address and contact information.

If it is anything like all the past wrench nights then it should be a good turn out and a good time! This year I (we) would especially like to invite our Hoosier buddies and one grumpy old man from Michigan (i.e. Ron, Mark, Tom, A.J., Jimmy and Tony, etc.) to this joyous occasion and anyone and every one of you guys can stay at my place if you like. Bill, Vicky already put in their reservations for one room.

I expect to see the usual’s, but we really do welcome newbies so don’t be shy.

Hope that everyone can make it! Especially Tony... and John because he always help me set up.

Last edited:
How about Saturday September 10, I can be there about 1'ish.
Design mounting bracket for ARB twin comp, run air lines to mounted tank, install wholesale automatics transmission temp gauge, install ARB winch bumper, install pintle hitch (re-route camera cat 5)
:clap:;):beer::grinpimp:

if i think of more i'll add it to the list

Later January early Feb is good for me. It's far enough out that my weekends are open after the 8th.

How about tonight, we can shorten the taco 10inchs, add a leaf to the rear suspension, retube my driveshaft, install my airbumps i havent orderd yet and if we have time rebuild the carb on the willys.

How about tonight, we can shorten the taco 10inchs, add a leaf to the rear suspension, retube my driveshaft, install my airbumps i havent orderd yet and if we have time rebuild the carb on the willys.
I'm in

If it falls on my weekend off, 6 4wd Toyotas couldn't keep me away! 7 maybe, but I doubt it.
I realize September 10 isn't January or February 2017 as mentioned in the opening post, so I won't head that way this weekend.
Scott, I will review my schedule rotation & let you know what I have and see if it can work.

Wife and I discussed my Christmas present tonight and looks like I'll be getting the "Ultimate 4.7 Crawler Set" from marlin.
So I can pull my transfer cases and bring them for a gear swap project.

I may have something else. But would rather not drag my whole rig up there. We'll see I suppose.

Sweet! Sounds fun. I will bring a thing. I don't know what thing, but it will be some thing.

We are starting to narrow the dates down.

Tony mentioned these dates:
28 & 29 January and 25 & 26 February are my weekends.

And Bryan mentioned Later January early Feb.

So we are leaning towards Jan 28.

Sounds good to me...

I will put that on my calendar and try like hell to be there.

If that's the one, I'll make the plan.
Confirmation from all key players ?

January 28 has been duly noted and reserved for the occasion.
I usually stay at John's when I come up.
I'd like to reserve my usual spot there, unless he is staying at your place ,Scott.

I will have my old aluminum wheels I can bring them for Rome if he wants them.

Tony, there is room at my inn.

Mark, head up Friday and crash at my place. You need to drink heavily whilst gazing upon your old cruiser that I had stuffed and mounted behind my bar!

I have never made a tech day, this may be my year.

I will try to get that Friday off as well to come up.
It's fairly easy that time of year to take a personal day.

oh sheet. dis gon b fun

That is the plan, leave work Friday, drive to John's and drink, cuddle with Baxter. Get up Saturday and do it again at Scott's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom