Tan sludge / grease under my 200 front passenger side, what is this? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey were you able to reclamp them while they were still on the truck by chance? My driver side inner CV boot spit some grease, but the boot isn't torn. Thinking about trying to remove existing clamp, check if it needs more grease, and reclamping all while still on the truck. Possible?
Mine had about a 1” rip in it so the shop had to replace

Hey were you able to reclamp them while they were still on the truck by chance? My driver side inner CV boot spit some grease, but the boot isn't torn. Thinking about trying to remove existing clamp, check if it needs more grease, and reclamping all while still on the truck. Possible?

I did that on my 100 series. As long as the boot isnt torn that's good preventive maintenance. You want a clamp that doesnt dig into the rubber in a way that will cut it. I bought clamps from Pfran CV clamp kit (6 piece)

Edit: think they are the same mcmasters posted above

Sorry to hear of your misfortune on the boot @DPA200 glad you caught it before it ruined the joint itself and they took care of it for you. This thread brought a good point to my attention and thanks to @Romer post above I reached out to PFRAN to see if he can source a clamp kit for the 200's. For piece of mind I wouldn't mind regreasing and putting new clamps if he can get them. I put the lift on and set out on a trip to put it through the paces never considered popping a boot off. It would also be good to throw a spare kit in the drawer for trips as well. As always great info from the MUD guru's which make this forum the great resource it is :cheers: to you ALL.

Last edited:
I did that on my 100 series. As long as the boot isnt torn that's good preventive maintenance. You want a clamp that doesnt dig into the rubber in a way that will cut it. I bought clamps from Pfran CV clamp kit (6 piece)

Edit: think they are the same mcmasters posted above

Yep, same clamps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom