Taking my LX470 on tour (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.jonathancase.net
Next month I have a book coming out that’s itself an overland/road trip kind of thing, and I’ll be taking my kids out of their classrooms and along on the tour with me, camping between stops at schools, museums, libraries, state parks, festivals, etc., around the western states. It’s something I’ve been looking forward to for years, so I’m glad that places seem to finally be opening up after the last Covid wave.

Our hundy is 24 years old now, but running strong. Just had to fix some leaks (sunroof and hatch brake light assembly had both worn out under the elements and needed replacing), but the engine’s great, and even the AHC’s holding out somehow. Paying for gas across several thousand miles will be ridiculous right now, but… a small price to pay in the grand scheme of things.

I dunno if anyone here reads comics or has kids that do, but if you wanna see more details about the book and/or our tour, I’ll be posting updates here:

It’d be fun to connect with other mudders as we go. The basic plan is to do a loop from Oregon up to Washington, then over to Idaho, Utah, Colorado, New Mexico, Arizona, California, then back home. I’m not super active on here, but the forum’s been a great resource for figuring out the truck and the various (pretty minor) stuff I’ve done to it. So thank you for that!

That’s enough from me. Just excited for this trip and hoping to share more about it as we progress.

92758BD7-311D-4FE6-858C-559C7DEBCCB5.jpeg

0C16443D-A433-4E26-82DA-D67642B029B0.jpeg

But the vehicle in the book looks like a VW Van not a cruiser?
Yes, haha — that’s partly because of how long these books take. The heroes drive an ‘80s Toyota van, which was my first overland vehicle 12ish years ago when I began the book. I still love those vans, but the cruiser is definitely a more solid rig.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom