Tailgate Warpage (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thank you Cdan I had some heavy thing wacky my tail gate, and cannot get my hatch closed properly, first I used the dead blow I'm mad as hell method (not good) so tomorrow I'm going to do this, since I bought a nutsert tool the other day for $5.00 and really want to do something with it , I'll get some sheet aluminum and repair my banana tailgate. Thank you guys love IH8MUD

Holy thread revival. :lol:

I can tell you that ten years later my panel is still in service and looks pretty much the same. It is a bit "polished" now but it has retained the original fit.

So, I know this thread is old, but it is very useful. I went and bought the eye bolts some chain and turnbuckle, take the warp out of my tailgate, after removing the carpet and assigning the gate my sheet metal has separated, after some work I've got it pretty close, but I need to weld the seam back together, before I do the final adjustment. I bought a nutsert tool at a garage sale for $5 so I'm excited to use it . I priced the aluminum and it is $85, I'm going to chamfer the edges and use Steel nutserts. Thank you for the great thread it saved me from buying another tailgate

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom