Tailgate Storage Lid 100 series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TRAIL TAILOR

Enabler
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
trail-tailor.com
I have finally gotten all the numbers in and have pulled the trigger at the laser cutter to make a run of these.

PM me for pricing.

Lids will be 3/16" aluminum with dual doors and Soutchco sealed locking latches. Stainless bolts and nuts with allen wrenches and antiseize. Doors are fully supported by an inner perimeter rail that is welded to the main face frame.

I've flipped the latches and locks for various reasons. So, the door will now open into the cab instead of out.

These are bare metal and available for order now. Currently at a 5 week lead time.

Thanks to the orders already made. I'll post updates as I receive them from the cutter.

J

Wooden prototype

SAM_2379.JPG
SAM_2394.JPG
SAM_2396.JPG
SAM_2415.JPG
SAM_2416.JPG

Last edited:
Looking good! Question- will they be powder coated or anodized? I can't imagine so for that price... Nice job!

Thanks,

They are bare aluminum for the time being. Eventually they will be offered in PC, hard coat anodized or Plastisol polymer coated. (But will be a few months)

Basically the final product will look like this for the 100 series.

100 Rear 2.png

Question. What sort of prep work do you have to do inside the lift gate to prepare it for storage?

Also, can you still sit on the lift gate with your setup?

Question. What sort of prep work do you have to do inside the lift gate to prepare it for storage?

Also, can you still sit on the lift gate with your setup?

You will need to cut the sheetmetal and then bolt this into place. I've put over 300# on one door with no issues on thinner material.

Jason

You will need to cut the sheetmetal and then bolt this into place. I've put over 300# on one door with no issues on thinner material.

Jason

Cut what sheet metal? What holds the cargo once the door is closed and the panels are buttoned up?

Ordered mine the other day!
This will complement my drawer system nicely

Unsure yet if I'm going to anodize it or monsterline it. Will post pics

It's nice but could never use a saw on mine. Gives me chills just thinking about it.

Yeah.... I understand..... I remember the first snorkel I ever installed about 10 years ago. I cringed the whole time while I was drilling the hole. Now nothing bothers me when it comes to mods. Its as easy as filling the tank or airing up the tires. :eek:

J

It's nice but could never use a saw on mine. Gives me chills just thinking about it.
Shame it will cost so much money and present such a risk for the door to ship it.

So the system can install "In House" (maybe a new work of trained installers (dealers) for a few of the client prefers.

Shame it will cost so much money and present such a risk for the door to ship it.

So the system can install "In House" (maybe a new work of trained installers (dealers) for a few of the client prefers.

Nice quality products cost money and shipping is always a risk... nothing new there. Dealers would drive the cost up even more and put it even further out of reach for most guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom