Tach Signal V8 FJ62 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TexasLandCruiser

SILVER Star
Threads
Website
pin.it
I have a 5.3 V8 (LC9) and had the ECU (40T) and harness replaced. Went from a 2011 to 2008 ECU (E38). The Dakota Digital box (SGI-8) for the 2011 tach signal no longer works. Was told get a SGI100BT and have wired to engine. Where is the appropriate place to tap in. The tach is all wired up however cant go back to ECU like I had with signal input. Unless I was lied to

Dakota said pick up off crank sensor.

Last edited:
Does your ECU have the tach signal wire or not?

Should be Pin 48 on the X1 connector.

The tach signal from the ECU can be manipulated in HP Tuners.

Thanks Matt, trapped in ice be home tonight and confirm.

I went back and edited my comment but the signal can be manipulated in HP Tuners if it doesn't work.

I went back and edited my comment but the signal can be manipulated in HP Tuners if it doesn't work.
Does your ECU have the tach signal wire or not?

Should be Pin 48 on the X1 connector.

The tach signal from the ECU can be manipulated in HP Tuners.
Just pulled J1 and the tach slot is empty

A143E4BB-2C8D-4875-9D3D-0D38FF28DAA3.jpeg

71B35572-4C29-4CE4-AF2B-EAE1C8A95027.jpeg

well, there you go

If I pinned this straight to signal wire. You’d mentioned tweaking the ecu to read proper. What were you referring to? (Meaning within the tune)
you could attach that wire to a tachometer or a signal box like your Dakota Digital module but you won't get anything if it isn't enabled in the tune file options

you could attach that wire to a tachometer or a signal box like your Dakota Digital module but you won't get anything if it isn't enabled in the tune file options
Ok I get it, you were talking about going direct from ecu to tach ditch the Dakota, just tweak the signal coming out from the tune.

Ok I get it, you were talking about going direct from ecu to tach ditch the Dakota, just tweak the signal coming out from the tune.
What tach do you have? If you have a stock tach yes you will need the Dakota Digital module to convert the signal. There's no way to make the GM PCM send out a 7-pulse signal

What tach do you have? If you have a stock tach yes you will need the Dakota Digital module to convert the signal. There's no way to make the GM PCM send out a 7-pulse signal
Stock and I’ll use the Dakota box. I’ll get my hptuner guy to check the signal once I get every in place. Thanks Matt

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom