T-case saver bypass hose with Toybox? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

RufusTheDufus

SILVER Star
Threads
I've got an H55 + Toybox + splitcase in my Troopy. I'm thinking about installing a transfer case saver bypass hose. (I had the input shaft seal go bad in a different splitcase 10 years ago and it pumped most of the transfer case lube into the H41 wrecking the transfer gears fairly quickly.)

The bypass hose usually goes from the fill plug on the trans to the fill plug on the transfer case. Would it be a good idea to install a "T" and connect the fill plug on the Toybox too?

It would depend on how high the fill plug on the Toybox is, in relation to the other two. Gravity will ensure that the gear lube will accumulate in the lowest level between the three. If the Toybox fill plug is a lot higher than the other two, you will probably lose lube out of it. If it was lower than the other two, it will be over filled at the expense of the others.

The Toybox fill height is at the same height as the H55 fill plug. The Toybox and H55 actually share lube.

If the H55 and the Toybox share the same gear lube, then there would be no advantage or purpose to putting a "T" in the saver line to go to the Toybox also. Connect the saver to either the H55 or the Toybox; it won't matter.

[edit] NVM - I had it wrong! toybox shares with transmission [/edit]

I believe the Toybox shares lube with the transfer case, not the transmission. so a "saver line" is still a good idea. ymmv

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom