Sway Bar End Link Source? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My '85 FJ60 has a lift installed by a previous owner. The front and rear sway bars may be aftermarket units. When I got it, the front sway bar end links were bare "all-thread" threaded rod with bushing/washer kits. No surprise but these break real easy even though I stay off the tough trails. I'm not too interested in crawling under the vehicle to disconnect the links before I get on the trail.

Scrounging thru the parts that came with the vehicle I found the end links shown in the attached photo. This is the type required on the front, that is threaded on both ends where it mates to the frame bracket and to the bar. These link assemblies have a piece of all-thread thru the center of a piece of heavy wall tubing plus the washer/bushing set. I suppose the tubing would keep the all-thread from bending as much but it still seems like not a great design.

Specter and Man-A-Fre have the rear sway bar end links (different design) but not the front

Can anyone point me to a supplier for heavy duty end links in this style?

Thanks

Jim

SWAY%20BAR%20END%20LINK.jpg

Cool Cruisers of Texas has them got @$25. I just put the extended links on my cruiser's front end. The Man a Fre appears pretty heavy duty. so it's pick what you need for what kind of driving you do.

Maybe you missed them on the Man A Fre site, but here are the ones they offer for the front. They are extended, and an awesome design with a balljoint at the top end instead of bushings. I run then on my '87 FJ60 with the OME lift. No troubles. Choose based on lift height - they have two options.
60 Series Heavy Duty High Angle Sway Bar Links - Man-A-Fre

And there they are.

Earlier today all I saw at Man-A-Fre was the rear links......sheesh.

The ball joint ought to take a lot of strain off the rod.

Howdy i got a set from Georg @ Valley Hybrids & Cruiser Brothers think his handle is orangefj45. Nice heavy duty ones and also got a set of OEM rubber bushing for sway bar mounts

Parts cost:
Extended link kit $25
OEM Bushings $11 each

Maybe you missed them on the Man A Fre site, but here are the ones they offer for the front. They are extended, and an awesome design with a balljoint at the top end instead of bushings. I run then on my '87 FJ60 with the OME lift. No troubles. Choose based on lift height - they have two options.
60 Series Heavy Duty High Angle Sway Bar Links - Man-A-Fre
Does anyone have a picture of the Man-a-fre installed on the front? Does the top not require bushing to sandwich between the top frame bracket?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom