Suspension Options for Daily Driver w/ Recreational Potential? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks, everyone...I found a set of RWs on CraigsList and should have them in a week or so. Hopefully they're in pretty good shape; the pics he showed me had some scratches, but I am hopeful that they can be cleaned up as part of the prep for PowderCoating them matte black.

Thanks, everyone...I found a set of RWs on CraigsList and should have them in a week or so. Hopefully they're in pretty good shape; the pics he showed me had some scratches, but I am hopeful that they can be cleaned up as part of the prep for PowderCoating them matte black.
awesome good choice. post up pics once you get them. Did you find if they come with the lugs or not?

no lugs included, but @Markuson let me know that I can use McGuard lugs for a little bit less. Saw your post so I assume that 5 packs of these are the correct ones to purchase; that a safe assumption?
These are what I got, paid a little bit more for black:

McGard 65315BK Chrome/Black Cone Seat Spline Drive Lug Nut Set, (Set of 4) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007QB5A56/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apip_y6eLehuFMXMsu

As far as I know they only come in sets of 4. Torque is spec’d at 97ftlb which everyone told me is very important as well. I didn’t own a torque wrench and got lots of tips on Mud to not cheap out on this as well. I ended up with this:

1/2" Dr 30-250 Ft Lbs / 47-332 Nm CDI Adjustable Torque Wrench - 2503MFRMH

These are what I got, paid a little bit more for black:

McGard 65315BK Chrome/Black Cone Seat Spline Drive Lug Nut Set, (Set of 4) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007QB5A56/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apip_y6eLehuFMXMsu

As far as I know they only come in sets of 4. Torque is spec’d at 97ftlb which everyone told me is very important as well. I didn’t own a torque wrench and got lots of tips on Mud to not cheap out on this as well. I ended up with this:

1/2" Dr 30-250 Ft Lbs / 47-332 Nm CDI Adjustable Torque Wrench - 2503MFRMH

Re: 4 sets vs 5 sets...

Remember that unless you have a rear bumper mounted spare, you really only need four sets… Because the spare under your vehicle does not need its own luxe at all. You simply raise it with the cable… And then use the five lugs of your flat on the spare. At some point in the future if you end up with a rear mounted spare and need to or perhaps three lugs to attach to a swing out… You can add those at that time... and at that point, normal colored lugs are going to look just fine in back. So my two cents would be that if you really are set on black legs, go ahead and get the four wheel set, and don’t worry too much about the spare unless & and till you need to mount it in back.

:)

Or…. It just occurred to me that perhaps you are considering a set for four wheels that includes a wheel lock. If so, then yes, you will need to purchase an extra wheel worth of lugs, since I personally think wheel locks are incredibly bad idea. They didn’t break and leave you unable to swap attire far more often then then they will prevent a theft. The spline adapters to steal rock Warriors already make it something of a specialized tool need that most opportunistic thieves won’t have on hand. Plus… Around here, the wheels that tend to get stolen are the wheels some of the criminal types seem to gravitate to which are usually much taller than 17 inches… :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom