Suspension Lift Kit? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thank You Fellow New Yorker:) But Really How Do I Measure It?

Thank You For Your Answer Cruiseroutfit......i Guess We're Going To Have To Wait Around Another 10 To 15 Years For People Wanting To Be Lifted.....lol

Couple thoughts:

1) 6" on the 100 series will be a :princess: lift for mall cruisers. Nice and top heavy for the trail. Since you've already got the body lift, why not get new torsion bars and springs too? You should be able to get another 1-2".

2) Drop bracket lifts are mediocre for serious wheeling. With that being said, Tough Country and RCD make decent stuff. They also deal in volume. In order to be worth their time, you would need to bring them a bunch of people with money in hand who were chomping at the bit. Even then, you may be waiting for several years:rolleyes: It took FABTECH 3 years to finish the Tacoma drop bracket lift and they sold 10 times more Tacoma's than LandCruisers plus it's a huge market.

3) For less than 18 thousand you can do a Solid Axle Swap with coilovers all around and custom arms in the rear. Much cooler than a drop bracket lift. Probably need to do a small body lift too in order to clear the oilpan...

4) SAS on a 100 will be similar to doing a Tundra, which has been done many times over already.

I'm going to stick with my planned 2" of lift and 33's, lockers, etc. If I want a hardcore rig I'll buy one.

Yeah I Guess......i Have Already Have The Old Man Emu Rear Springs Standing By To Be Put On.....as Soon As I Get The Front Ones! Being From The City I Can Not Say I'm A Mallcruiser But The Pot Holes And Rough Highways In This City....i Guess You Can Call Me A Urbancruiser:) Lol From The Mean Streets Of New York City......

Aussie mag just did a 6" lift on a solid axle 100(105) and damn it looks sharp, but they said it didn't drive so well.......kinda like a 6" on a 80 without doing other mods to correct for the lift

calamaridog said:
Couple thoughts:

1) 6" on the 100 series will be a :princess: lift for mall cruisers. Nice and top heavy for the trail. Since you've already got the body lift, why not get new torsion bars and springs too? You should be able to get another 1-2".

2) Drop bracket lifts are mediocre for serious wheeling. With that being said, Tough Country and RCD make decent stuff. They also deal in volume. In order to be worth their time, you would need to bring them a bunch of people with money in hand who were chomping at the bit. Even then, you may be waiting for several years:rolleyes: It took FABTECH 3 years to finish the Tacoma drop bracket lift and they sold 10 times more Tacoma's than LandCruisers plus it's a huge market.

3) For less than 18 thousand you can do a Solid Axle Swap with coilovers all around and custom arms in the rear. Much cooler than a drop bracket lift. Probably need to do a small body lift too in order to clear the oilpan...

4) SAS on a 100 will be similar to doing a Tundra, which has been done many times over already.

I'm going to stick with my planned 2" of lift and 33's, lockers, etc. If I want a hardcore rig I'll buy one.

URBAN STRIKE said:
But With Enought People Wantin The Same Thing It Can Be Posible And Profitable....right?

People wanting it and people putting their money where their "wants" are does not always equate to the same thing.

From the number of 6" kits we have sold for 80 series, I would venture to guess that any large company like Skyjacker / Fabtech/ Rancho would laugh us out the door.

Why? Not Too Many People Into It?

There is a guy that lives in my town, came up to my job lastnight to talk to me about my 80. he has two 100's and says he plans to start modifying his 00. Evidently he spoke with a shop in oregon that has 6 inch lifts available, ready to ship for his 100....never heard of this but he was a nice guy so it was fun just talking. i told him i had only heard of a 2 inch lift from slee and told him with the TRAC, 2 inch lift, and some decent tires the 100 would do some pretty cool stuff.

Christo, so a 6 inch is too big that it creates problems....how big can the 100 go before it needs alot of pricey mods..?
could you do 4 or would you still need bigger spindles.

Hey Cruiserhead Can You Get That Guy's Info On That Shop? If You Can, Let Me Know......thanks!

A 6 inch lift would be rediculous on a 100 you planned to wheel. The front end would not stand up to the tires the lift would clear. Podvins rig was running 38's or something...what more do you need on a rig the size of a 100?

Do a search on the this site for Greenland Cruisers and you'll find all the lift a man could want.

URBAN STRIKE said:
Why? Not Too Many People Into It?

Personally, if I had the dough and the want for that much lift, I'd get it accomplished with SAS'ing it. Much more cost effective, and capable by the time you get up that high with IFS.

Yeah Those Artic Trucks Are Just What I'm Lookin For.......makes Our Trucks Look Peewee.....

Talk with Alan about the lift and then cut the sh*t out of your wheel wells and flares. With this combo you should be able to fit at least 38's on it.

Last edited:
hickok said:
Talk with Alan about the lift and then cut the sh*t out of your wheel wells and flares. With this combo you should be able to fit at least 38's on it.

Damn, that truck is mad!

it took months to convince the wife we needed the 100, i am gonna have to turn up the charm!

that is incredible!

Alan's truck set the bar for 100's.

There's a JDM LC Cygnus w/ AHC in the May '05 issue of Landcruiser magazine that has a 6" IFS lift and V8 coupled to a 5spd manual tranny. With the AHC cranked up, this rig can get some serious height. IIRC, it said the lift cost around $5500 (JDM only). There are other IFS available in Japan. The 6" lift I refer to and one other big IFS lift came w/ replacement A-arms while the other lesser lifts (4" or so) used brackets that bolted to the bottom of the crossmember and the stock A-arms are then attached to those brackets. Diff is also dropped via spacers on both types of lift kits, shocks are extended using shock extension brackets. There are also body lifts available. Biggest 100 lift I've seen is a 9" (5" body, 4" IFS). I have yet to see ring and pinion gears in low ratios. Best one can do (at least for JDM) is to gear the t-case down by 10% ($1500). Biggest lift I've seen on a 80 was 19" (obscene).

Gears can be done

Gears can be done. As far as I know only Christo and I have changed gears on 100 series, but it can be done - just requires some additional parts. Do you have links to these suspension manufacturers?

montocr said:
Gears can be done. As far as I know only Christo and I have changed gears on 100 series, but it can be done - just requires some additional parts. Do you have links to these suspension manufacturers?

I was looking for the thread where you mentioned how this was accomplished. Do you have a quick run down of the parts needed? Or maybe someone remembers what thread it was?

This regearing topic would be a great addition to the FAQ section, how to regear to 4.88's and should have a new thread (or resurect the old one) so it can go into FAQ.

Also, does it matter what rear end you have? 98-99 LC with locker vs. other years. I know the Tacoma/4runner take a different gearset for the elocker rear vs. the regular one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom