Suspension Lift Kit? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
HAS ANYONE IN THIS SITE INQUIRED ABOUT HAVIN A OFFROAD SHOP MAKE A
SUSPENSION LIFT KIT FOR THE 100 SERIES LANDCRUISERS? I HAVE AND
http://www.downeyoff-road.com/ SHOP TOLD ME THAT IF ENOUGH PEOPLE CALL THEM (BUG THEM)
THEY WILL CONSIDER DOING THE R&D ON IT! AND HOPEFULLY HAVIN A SUSPENSION
WORTHY OF PUTTING ON OUR LANDCRUISERS. IT WOULD BE NICE TO HAVE THAT
OPTION. I HAVE THIS LOCAL SHOP THAT WILL MAKE A KIT FOR ME, BUT THEY WANT
AROUND 10 TO 18 GRANT FOR THE KIT! THE FUNDS ARE NOT IN MY REACH AT THIS
TIME:( AND THAT'S FOR A 6IN SUSPENSION KIT! IF ANYONE HAD THE SAME
THOUGHTS AS I DO.....PLEASE LET ME KNOW AND MAYBE WE CAN GET SOMETHING
ROLLIN....AS FOR A SUSPENSION LIFT KIT TO BE MADE? THANKS.........

10-18 Grand?? Whats it going to be...gold plated?

Pics

Do you have pics of your 100 w/ body lift? Who did it?

It Has A Body Lift That The Shop Told Me! That's Around 4in......i Got The Lc Just Like That.....so I Have No Idea Who Did The Mods!

I remember when this 100 was for sale a year or 2 or 3 ago.

I can almost remember the guy who built it(for a customer) he also did alot of full size rigs.

That's What Cristo (sleeoffroad) Told Me Too.....i Guess This Lc Has Been Around.....i Got It For 21k With 70kmiles On It! Wow!!!

HEY TABRAHA I KNOW ABOUT THE Old Man Emu Springs.....BUT I'M LOOKING FOR A REAL SUSPENSION LIFT KIT FOR THESE LANDCRUISERS. JUST LIKE WHAT THE 4RUNNERS HAVE! IT WOULD BE NICE IF http://www.fabtechmotorsports.com/ GOT INTO BUILDING ONE FOR THE LC....

Yeah I Know.....:) I'm A Rookie At This Stuff...lol

$10-18k for a 6" lift?

Wow, time to raise my prices. Although I have neve built a custom suspension on a 100 Series... it wouldn't require $18k worth of work by any stretch... Keep checking around.

Kurt, the catch with doing a 6" lift on the 100 is the front spindles. If you are talking about a one-off situation and all brackets have to be custom made, spindles cast, it could easily approach that. I remember speaking to Urban about this. It is no use to give someone false hope and say it will cost $5k when you can not do it.

There would be a ton of things that need to be addressed. I bet it you go to Fabtech and ask them to prototype this, you will be close to that money as well.

If you had the spindles available, then it will be easier. So either you cast them, or you make them. Neither option will be cheap.

But With Enought People Wantin The Same Thing It Can Be Posible And Profitable....right? I'm Sure That If The People Start Wantin The Same Thing That It Can Start Rollin......i Can't Be The Only One That Has Hope One Day Of Havin This!!!! Come On Guys......i'm A Bit Upset Seeing 4runners Taller Than Me! It's A Shame:(

sleeoffroad said:
Kurt, the catch with doing a 6" lift on the 100 is the front spindles. If you are talking about a one-off situation and all brackets have to be custom made, spindles cast, it could easily approach that. I remember speaking to Urban about this. It is no use to give someone false hope and say it will cost $5k when you can not do it.

There would be a ton of things that need to be addressed. I bet it you go to Fabtech and ask them to prototype this, you will be close to that money as well.

If you had the spindles available, then it will be easier. So either you cast them, or you make them. Neither option will be cheap.

10-4, I have zero intentions of making a 100 Series kit... however there are machine shops here in SLC that can and have made custom kits in the past for decent prices. There were guys making Tacoma spindles far before they were commercially available,.Tuff Country Suspension (Tundra & Tacoma kits) has all of their spindles engineered by a fellow Cruiserhead, he can turn out custom ones as well. They do alot of prototyping (Advance Adapters, Teraflex products, etc). I might ask him if he has any interest in making spindles only, he has a 100 Series of his own...

Just seems that $18k is an insane amount, however looking at all the work needed for the front suspension would start to add up quickly... Back to leaf spring suspensions for me :D

Yes It's Insane...i Agree...but The Work That This Shop Puts Out Is Also Insane! I Even Told The Shop Owner To Make The Protype And Market It! But The Demand Is Not There...unless People Are Not Inquiring About It! Look How Fast The H2 Got A Kit Made For It.....and The Truck Cost As Much As A Landcruiser. If It Was Made I'm Sure People Will Buy! I Would Hope So!

Those pix are so small that the 4" lift looks more like a 1/4" lift!

WHY DO YOU HAVE zero intentions of making a 100 Series kit...? NOT WORTH IT?

How Would I Measure It Than?

I was joking. From what I can tell, it looks really sharp.

URBAN STRIKE said:
WHY DO YOU HAVE zero intentions of making a 100 Series kit...? NOT WORTH IT?

A couple of reasons really...

1. I specialize in 40's and 60's, although we are starting to do alot of work on the 80 series (realize some of the 80's are 15 years old). The only 100 Series stuff I deal with is an occasional brake job, OME install, etc...

2. I am yet to get a call for a 6" lift, I have several customers running them here in town and I know that they wouldn't think about it unless it was more around the $1500 range, and that really can't be done. Although they are making it to the trail as shown by Slee and others... there really isn't a large following of them. The H2 sold EVERYWHERE and shares a majority of its suspension with regular GM vehicles, a lift was a no brainer. However the LC is a much more refined vehicle and honestly most of its users have zero need for 6" lift. When (not if) they start popping up as trail rigs (just as the 60 and 80 did), there will be a demand, mabey even a demand for a solid axle conversion that will negate some of the IFS high cost suspension

3. I don't have one, alot of my research and product placment is in things I use and want... I can only hope that one day I will have one, they are SWEEEET! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom