Super Swampers Road Trip (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Scrambled are good for breakfast burritos.

I would also care about the Tacoma.
Sorta.
Maybe.
Kinda.

Yours is nice in its own special way.

Special as in the kid in school that ate the paint chips and always smelt like piss?

For a second I thought the tire question was serious :rofl:. Then I realized nobody would ask other people about their own tires that they have been personally driving on.

For a second I thought the tire question was serious :rofl:. Then I realized nobody would ask other people about their own tires that they have been personally driving on.
First set of bias swampers. I know some people have been on them since their birth and know exactly the life span. I'm not one of them.

First set of bias swampers. I know some people have been on them since their birth and know exactly the life span. I'm not one of them.

Nobody can tell you the lifespan. It varies greatly depending on the end users ability to own, use and decipher the numbers and/or lines on a tire pressure gauge. Possibly even the use of sidewalk chalk. Don't even get me started on the science required to use a tape measure to make sure things are "aligned".

Nobody can tell you the lifespan. It varies greatly depending on the end users ability to own, use and decipher the numbers and/or lines on a tire pressure gauge. Possibly even the use of sidewalk chalk. Don't even get me started on the science required to use a tape measure to make sure things are "aligned".
giphy (4).gif

Wait wait wait wait, you can use a tape measure to do an alignment? I'm calling bs, you need all those fancy lasers and computers, deeming this a clear troll post.

But if a tire says "50,000 mile tread life".
You are required to remove and discard them at ed zachary 50k miles.
If you run them beyond that , catastrophic failure could happen and the reslut of that could be a horrific accident. That could reslut in serious inquiries to your health.
If you use the tires on dirt at any point in their lives, this changes the equation used to properly calculate tread life, due to less wear on dirt surfaces than on paved surfaces. The dirt to rubber interface time vs. the pavement to rubber interface time must be taken into careful consideration.
As well the aforementioned tire pressure (hereafter referred to as "psi"). Tire pressure is very important to tread life as it affects heat within the tire. Heat within the tire affects the effects of tire pressure. Which in turn has a significant impact on tread life.
Rotation is also very important cause if they dont rotate you ain't movin, a durka durka.

View attachment 2186906
Wait wait wait wait, you can use a tape measure to do an alignment? I'm calling bs, you need all those fancy lasers and computers, deeming this a clear troll post.

Tape measures are amazing tools, but only when used and understood properly. They can be used to determine the lengths of existing things, and distances between two objects. You can also determine the differences in multiple spans, and through math convert the differece into "degrees". Their use is not limited to just those things, you can also use them to measure for new parts if your modifications require non-factory bolt in parts, like driveshafts, shocks, and emergency brake cables.

Tape measures are amazing tools, but only when used and understood properly. They can be used to determine the lengths of existing things, and distances between two objects. You can also determine the differences in multiple spans, and through math convert the differece into "degrees". Their use is not limited to just those things, you can also use them to measure for new parts if your modifications require non-factory bolt in parts, like driveshafts, shocks, and emergency brake cables.

Huh so it's like an analogue google or message board in your hands? Instead of asking online, you go find out for yourself?

Craziness!!!

I mean I would never use one, easier to just ask and have others do the work, but still!!

What if someone launched a boulder and crippled their 4runner in doing so? Could a measure taper be useful in that situation and how so? Pictures might help understanding...

What if someone launched a boulder and crippled their 4runner in doing so? Could a measure taper be useful in that situation and how so? Pictures might help understanding...

While that is an oddly specific scenario, yes, it can be used to determine the distance traveled, and size of said Boulder. See examples below.

20180618_165742.jpg

20180618_165724.jpg

While that is an oddly specific scenario, yes, it can be used to determine the distance traveled, and size of said Boulder. See examples below.

Hard to say how oddly specific that scenario is. It seems to happen at least 1 out of 10 PYS trips so far. I figured it was normal

That tape measure is useless, there's no way to measure the actual mass of that rock with it.

Sure there is Hoff.

Length x width ÷ kissmyass/4 < [*#$!] = youdontknow**** . You'll find that between 15mm and 18m on any metric tape measure .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom