Super Simple Cruiser Upgrade (1 Viewer)

Now it is time for sliders - What sliders should I get?

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

MrCWineMan

SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.tinsheets.com
Okay - I debated even making this a thread, but I figured if Toyota put running boards on a Land Cruiser (totally useless) I might as well put up a tiny thread about taking them off. Hopefully this thread is more useful then the running boards - but probably not.

Each running board is held on at three attachment points of two bolts each (10mm). After removal of the running boards it has been suggested on other threads to put the bolts back in their holes to prevent corrosion. I did do this as well.

Simple before and after photos:

IMG_0234.JPG

IMG_0235.JPG

IMG_0236.JPG

IMG_0237.JPG

Putting them back in is a great idea I would just add that putting them back in with anti-sieze on the threads is the real clincher.

Apparently, mud thinks 150% of the vote is in... (50+50+50)

Screen Shot 2017-01-27 at 12.24.37 PM.png

150%.... Hmmm. How about fabbing up some DOM tubing much like my 60 and just tucking it up under the truck a little more?

?

I am a big fan of Slee for many years. He definitely has the experience. I am sooooooo tempted to pull the trigger on a pair my self (I think about it everyday). But since I don't offroad in places that would be dangerous for my LC (wish I had the time and patience). I may buy a set just so I can stop dreaming about the upgrade. I love my LC sooo much that I am either trying to upgrade her or thinking about buying another one. The other upgrade I think about daily is getting an LX and putting on 35s and just deal with alot of rubbing. Knowing my luck, I will go crazy hearing the noise.

I hear ya on the rubs - I had 35's on my slightly lifted 4Runner and the rub on lock drove me nuts - it was epically bad on full rear compression.

Here is photo, just because.

As for sliders I really don't like the distance that the Slee's stick out from the body; I know why they do. Much like you, I don't really plan on this being the main trail rig since I have Tan Stan (my FJ60), but I do want to be able to drop the 200 on a rock by accident and still open the door, after all I do still drive mountain roads all the time. That is why I am leaning more and more towards doing some DOM tube like the FJ60 (and my 4Runner before that) and tuck it right up under the pinch weld so it does not get in the way of getting in and out of the car, looks super stealthy, and provides some "fall on rock" protection but not "tip on rock" protection.

IMG_6704.JPG

@Reckless, you're traveling into another dimension.
A dimension not only of sight and sound, but of mind.
A journey into a wondrous land whose boundaries are that of the imagination.
That's the sign-post up ahead...

Your next stop:
THE WISHY-WASHY ZONE! :hillbilly:

hehe
DOOOO EEEET!!! :clap: :steer:
You are right - Paralysis through analysis. Decision TBD.

As for sliders I really don't like the distance that the Slee's stick out from the body; I know why they do. Much like you, I don't really plan on this being the main trail rig since I have Tan Stan (my FJ60), but I do want to be able to drop the 200 on a rock by accident and still open the door, after all I do still drive mountain roads all the time. That is why I am leaning more and more towards doing some DOM tube like the FJ60 (and my 4Runner before that) and tuck it right up under the pinch weld so it does not get in the way of getting in and out of the car, looks super stealthy, and provides some "fall on rock" protection but not "tip on rock" protection.

View attachment 1390441

Regarding how much the Slee sticks out from the body...
Here's how much:
Screen Shot 2016-12-30 at 2.49.12 AM.png

Just about perfect, IMHO...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom