Stupid question: How to turn off fan? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I must be missing something... how do you turn off the fan entirely on the climate control system?

When I press the OFF button it just puts the fan at the lowest level. See pic.

Is this just yet another quirk of the climate control system in the 200 series? The other ones being that it doesn't save any previous settings after turning off the vehicle, and there is no fan speed adjustment buttons outside of going into climate settings on the screen.

For now I'll just close the vents. :meh:

20200915_130338.jpg

Give the man above me a Beer !!

Your A/C is on. I assume maybe your cool box is still on, as well.
This happens to me too just last week and thought something was glitching with the Panel and buttons. Turned off the cool box and bam. Issue fixed. Never did get a chance to post on here. But thanks for confirming. Two beers coming your way!!

That's good info for the rest of us!

I must be missing something... how do you turn off the fan entirely on the climate control system?

When I press the OFF button it just puts the fan at the lowest level. See pic.

Is this just yet another quirk of the climate control system in the 200 series? The other ones being that it doesn't save any previous settings after turning off the vehicle, and there is no fan speed adjustment buttons outside of going into climate settings on the screen.

For now I'll just close the vents. :meh:

View attachment 2436564
Your temp setting not saving after turning off may have to do with your cabin air filter door if the cool box didn't solve that issue. That was the issue for quite a few of us on here. I know that was my issue, no matter what I had the system on last, when I turned the car on and tried to turn it back on it reverted to 75 or something like that. Also for me climate control buttons were unresponsive upon start up for maybe 15secs or more if I remember correctly.

Your temp setting not saving after turning off may have to do with your cabin air filter door if the cool box didn't solve that issue. That was the issue for quite a few of us on here. I know that was my issue, no matter what I had the system on last, when I turned the car on and tried to turn it back on it reverted to 75 or something like that. Also for me climate control buttons were unresponsive upon start up for maybe 15secs or more if I remember correctly.

These are exactly issues I'm dealing with. What do you mean by "it may have to do with your cabin air filter door"?

Like, the door isn't closed all the way? Or the filter is clogged?

It resets to 75 degrees every time I shut the car off and turn it back on after a couple hours.

Here is a thread referring to the issue. Basically at some point in your 200s life the cabin filter was replaced when the HVAC was not set on recirc. So before you go into the glove box and try to fix this, set your HVAC to recirc. If the flap is still down, I just pushed it up until it clicked into place and everything was good. If you're under warranty though make the dealer fix it. You can break the linkage if it isn't already broken... But at least it won't always reset.

Cool box got me too at first! Thought the heater was broken... Nope cooler was left on. It's also in the manual. HA

Here is a thread referring to the issue. Basically at some point in your 200s life the cabin filter was replaced when the HVAC was not set on recirc. So before you go into the glove box and try to fix this, set your HVAC to recirc. If the flap is still down, I just pushed it up until it clicked into place and everything was good. If you're under warranty though make the dealer fix it. You can break the linkage if it isn't already broken... But at least it won't always reset.

This is great, thanks.

I started it, put it in recirc mode, then opened the cabin air filter box. The door/flap was swung up and open, which I think is recirc mode?

But when I change it to fresh air mode the door/flap doesn't close or do anything.

So I pulled the flap down and closed it, which seemed to pop it into position.

Here are two pics. I left it popped down/closed, shown in 2nd pic. I'm assuming my mechanism is broken if it's not changing the flap position based on my recirc button setting?

20200915_181651.jpg

20200915_181715.jpg

This is great, thanks.

I started it, put it in recirc mode, then opened the cabin air filter box. The door/flap was swung up and open, which I think is recirc mode?

But when I change it to fresh air mode the door/flap doesn't close or do anything.

So I pulled the flap down and closed it, which seemed to pop it into position.

Here are two pics. I left it popped down/closed, shown in 2nd pic. I'm assuming my mechanism is broken if it's not changing the flap position based on my recirc button setting?

View attachment 2436790

View attachment 2436791
Oh man.. You wanted it to be up when in recirc. Was it loose? Also when you forced it shut did you switch your HVAC set to outside air first?

Oh man.. You wanted it to be up when in recirc. Was it loose? Also when you forced it shut did you switch your HVAC set to outside air first?

Yeah, I switched to outside air and forced it shut. But it still isn't responsive- doesn't change when I press the button. Assuming it's broken somehow.

I wonder whether the filter being in sideways messed it up - because it's rectangular, being in sideways would have prevented the door from closing (switching to outside air). Maybe that would have broken the mechanism over the long run?

That’s precisely the issue we’ve all been seeing. Read the thread that was referenced above and the id go back to the dealer who put it in sideways... I had my whole air box replaced under warranty because of this.

Also a Boston based 2015! wonder if we have the same dealer!?

That’s precisely the issue we’ve all been seeing. Read the thread that was referenced above and the id go back to the dealer who put it in sideways... I had my whole air box replaced under warranty because of this.

Also a Boston based 2015! wonder if we have the same dealer!?

Acton Toyota, but I'm way out of warranty at this point!

Same dealer... I’d have a chat with the service manager.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom