Stuck axle (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all,

I am hoping someone has had experience with this issue and can provide guidance on how to solve the issue. Vehicle is a 1969 FJ 40. The passenger side axle came out with ease. The driver's side axle is the problem child. I have pulled and pulled and this sucker will not come out. Any suggestions on what device I can use to pull it out? Thanks

20230328_124650.jpg

20230328_124647.jpg

I would try that. In my case, it didn't help...
Same here. I loosened it up and nada.

Guessing the issue is most axles bend back which tries to push the diff further in. If the diff could move further in might help. On the FJ25 front diff has a removable cover like on the semi floating rear axle. That would allow access to the spider and side gears.

Hello all,

I am hoping someone has had experience with this issue and can provide guidance on how to solve the issue. Vehicle is a 1969 FJ 40. The passenger side axle came out with ease. The driver's side axle is the problem child. I have pulled and pulled and this sucker will not come out. Any suggestions on what device I can use to pull it out? Thanks

Update!! A little ingenuity and the damn thing finally came out. Used an anti slip knot around axle and used a modified "slide hammer" to pull it out. Just want to thank everyone for there input.

20230414_100339.jpg

20230414_100328.jpg

Nice!
How are the splines on the diff end?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom