Stray 200 followed me home last night. :) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

tabraha

Hello My Name is: TAD
SILVER Star
Threads
150 miles away from home on a business trip and the engineer I was meeting with was walking distance to the Toyota dealer. This lonely, cold, malnourished 200 was just there on the side of the road... Well it was actually in their detail shop when I went in and asked about it but that doesn't tug on your heart strings does it? :p

Any how I had already dubbed myself a 200 series club member by proxy b/c I own 2 100's but now I own a 200 to go with them. Definitely cruises with a bit more pace than a built 100 with 4-speed and 4.88's!

It's a 2016, Blue Onyx Pearl with terra interior and 10k mi on the ODO. Traded in the wifes 2008 Sequoia on it, didn't tell her and just showed up with it at my house at about 10pm. I don't think she's seen it in daylight yet. Dark when I brought it home and dark when she drove it to work this AM.

Dealer photos of the interior were washed out by the sunlight so I stole this pic off of image search. Like new, not even creases on the leather yet.

Initially I was passively looking for a 2011-2013 range 200 but I stretched a little to get this as it was a fair deal to get into the "newest" (low mileage) cruiser we've ever owned. It was the color combo I loved most with the restyle. The blue is fantastic looking and the terra is a great complimentary color.

This is a heartwarming story of kindness and generosity. You are making the world a better place......

Ha! congrats on the new rig. That interior color is my absolute favorite!

stunning color combo - congrats ! I love that leather color.....build plans ?

What a nice story! I thought you were just going to say you saw it at the dealer. I was so happy to see you bought it.

That's my favorite color combo in the 2016's thought that Brandywine looks pretty good too.

stunning color combo - congrats ! I love that leather color.....build plans ?

The plan is to keep it simple short term. (That's always the plan right?) So probably put some bigger AT's on it and wait for the armor market to open up a bit more. I haven't had a chance to see what is available for the redesigned body but I'm guessing its extremely limited. Probably will do sliders since they should carry over but I assume there are no available skids b/c of the new trans or bumpers with the new fascia. I'm not doing anything to the suspension until I get some miles with the expo trailer behind it.

I'd like to fab up some quick disconnect system so I can move my ARB drawers and fridge between the 100 and 200 also.

150 miles away from home on a business trip and the engineer I was meeting with was walking distance to the Toyota dealer. This lonely, cold, malnourished 200 was just there on the side of the road... Well it was actually in their detail shop when I went in and asked about it but that doesn't tug on your heart strings does it? :p

Any how I had already dubbed myself a 200 series club member by proxy b/c I own 2 100's but now I own a 200 to go with them. Definitely cruises with a bit more pace than a built 100 with 4-speed and 4.88's!

It's a 2016, Blue Onyx Pearl with terra interior and 10k mi on the ODO. Traded in the wifes 2008 Sequoia on it, didn't tell her and just showed up with it at my house at about 10pm. I don't think she's seen it in daylight yet. Dark when I brought it home and dark when she drove it to work this AM.

Dealer photos of the interior were washed out by the sunlight so I stole this pic off of image search. Like new, not even creases on the leather yet.

Initially I was passively looking for a 2011-2013 range 200 but I stretched a little to get this as it was a fair deal to get into the "newest" (low mileage) cruiser we've ever owned. It was the color combo I loved most with the restyle. The blue is fantastic looking and the terra is a great complimentary color.
Baby needs shoes.....just sayin'

upload_2017-1-6_7-7-44.png

congrats on the new roller

Rescue stories are always great. That one looks like a keeper.

That is awesome, great sorry behind the purchase. Well done and enjoy it, she's a beaut.

Congratulations! Great color combo. Best of luck with it!

Interesting that your wife has never seen it in daylight. It will be interesting when she tries to find it in the daylight. If she took it to work in the dark this morning I'm wondering if your next thread will be, "Wife wanders parking lot aimlessly for hours in search of new LC!" :p

Interesting that your wife has never seen it in daylight. It will be interesting when she tries to find it in the daylight. If she took it to work in the dark this morning I'm wondering if your next thread will be, "Wife wanders parking lot aimlessly for hours in search of new LC!" :p

LOL!

Very nice...and just ordered the power cord for the fridge :)

Well one of the nice things about this truck is its typically quite easy to spot in a lot, being taller than most other vehicles. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom