Strange pop from the front end… (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey yall, i just went back and watched some wheeling footage from this weekend and what I noticed has me concerned. For the longest time when I’m seriously flexed out I hear a pop noise from my front end. I always figured this was just a bushing getting bound up at full flex but after seeing this footage I’m thinking that’s not the case. What I noticed is the left front tire spins backwards when the pop happens along with the suspension seemingly settling, the setting could just be the steering angle but the tire spinning backward is my main concern. Here’s a link to the video:

Checked the frame for cracks around the steering box yet?
Also check around the panhard rod mounts and brace where it attaches to the frame.
check radius arm brackets where they are welded on the front diff housing
check front radius arm bolts are all tight AF
sway bar bushes OK?
panhard bushes OK? and bolts tight?

Hey yall, i just went back and watched some wheeling footage from this weekend and what I noticed has me concerned. For the longest time when I’m seriously flexed out I hear a pop noise from my front end. I always figured this was just a bushing getting bound up at full flex but after seeing this footage I’m thinking that’s not the case. What I noticed is the left front tire spins backwards when the pop happens along with the suspension seemingly settling, the setting could just be the steering angle but the tire spinning backward is my main concern. Here’s a link to the video:

Using proper description terms helps.

Your LF wheel is not "spinning backwards" when the pop happens.

In this video, the LF wheel rotates in, as if steering to the RIGHT when it pops.

This is a distinct pop that shows it must be loose on the steering arms on the knuckles. Check your nuts immediately!!!

These are the four nuts on the bottom of the knuckle on both the left and right front knuckles. The RIGHT arm is typically the most problematic on the LHD trucks due to the steering configuration on these trucks. Also, you need to check your tie rod ends, your steering shaft in your steering gear (pitman arm) as well as the drag link. Basically all tie rod ends, knuckle nuts and studs, and steering gear and shaft. It is very possible you are close to a massive steering failure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom