Strange clicking noise from TRD supercharger part. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Let me preface this by saying I am certainly no expert on superchargers, which may be stupid considering I bought this cruiser last October. Lol

It is an LX470 with almost 250k on it, seems to run absolutely perfect and in my short ownership I have not had any issues with it at all. The previous owner of the truck said the TRD supercharged was installed from the factory. Which after doing some research I do believe to be true. (It’s a 2002 model year and they said they had installed some with factory sc)

The only complaint I have about the vehicle currently is a strange ticking noise that emits from a part connected to the sc with several hoses. It turns off and on occasionally but I would say 85% of the time it is occurring. As I said before I do not have any background knowledge of super chargers or what’s needed for them to operate. I’m just curious if anyone knows if this is a cause for concern or just something I should ignore? I would greatly appreciate any feedback!

Ps. I’ll attach a photo of the part I’m talking about.

55006001-95E8-4E3E-B222-2DC2AB012A51.png

I believe this is the solenoid from charcoal filter to vent fuel tank into intake. Someone more knowledgeable then me can explain better. 100% not a SC part though :)

I believe this is the solenoid from charcoal filter to vent fuel tank into intake. Someone more knowledgeable then me can explain better. 100% not a SC part though :)
Oh strange I could’ve sworn those hoses run straight into it.

Oh strange I could’ve sworn those hoses run straight into it.

C68F8A7B-3209-4CF4-9B1A-95A488A53095.jpeg

Maybe this is just rerouted into the intake from the sc? Are they supposed to be pretty loud and ticky?

Never heard mine click like that. It does route to SC but just to vacuum side and is same part as without SC. It was there before.
I have a spare you could have since mine is removed but to far away. Should be easy to find one and swap. Hopefully someone else can confirm how much it should click.

Never heard mine click like that. It does route to SC but just to vacuum side and is same part as without SC. It was there before.
I have a spare you could have since mine is removed but to far away. Should be easy to find one and swap. Hopefully someone else can confirm how much it should

Would you happen to know the part #?

Would you happen to know the part #?
PN# 25860-50100 on my '04, likely the same on the '02. I think I have a spare kicking around if you're close to SLC and want to see if swapping it out remedies the clicking behavior.

Let me preface this by saying I am certainly no expert on superchargers, which may be stupid considering I bought this cruiser last October. Lol

It is an LX470 with almost 250k on it, seems to run absolutely perfect and in my short ownership I have not had any issues with it at all. The previous owner of the truck said the TRD supercharged was installed from the factory. Which after doing some research I do believe to be true. (It’s a 2002 model year and they said they had installed some with factory sc)

The only complaint I have about the vehicle currently is a strange ticking noise that emits from a part connected to the sc with several hoses. It turns off and on occasionally but I would say 85% of the time it is occurring. As I said before I do not have any background knowledge of super chargers or what’s needed for them to operate. I’m just curious if anyone knows if this is a cause for concern or just something I should ignore? I would greatly appreciate any feedback!

Ps. I’ll attach a photo of the part I’m talking about.

View attachment 3272769
Replaced with an oem part, courtesy of @JAntosch. No signs of clicking after. Must’ve been a cheap aftermarket part.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom