For Sale Stranded and selling cheap (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm in Bend, Oregon with my wife and 3 kids. My '99 LX quit running. Toyota says it needs a fuse junction box, starter and battery. $2200 total to get it going again. I'm thinking of buying a new truck here to drive home. Anybody want to swoop in and pick up this LX for $3500? 197k mi. AHC works. Give me a text for pics or info.

I'm in Bend, Oregon with my wife and 3 kids. My '99 LX quit running. Toyota says it needs a fuse junction box, starter and battery. $2200 total to get it going again. I'm thinking of buying a new truck here to drive home. Anybody want to swoop in and pick up this LX for $3500? 197k mi. AHC works. Give me a text for pics or info.

Look up the immobilizer fix thread. It sounds like that is the problem. It's an easy-looking fix, all bits you can get at any auto parts store, probably less than $40 for the whole fix?

^^^^^^ Do this.

Maybe this is a strategic way to get a new truck ;)

I hope you get back on your way soon. Maybe someone local can help you out.

Look up the immobilizer fix thread. It sounds like that is the problem. It's an easy-looking fix, all bits you can get at any auto parts store, probably less than $40 for the whole fix?
It won't even crank. There was a burnt rubber smell when I pulled over and popped the hood. Toyota tech says there's a short in the junction box that keeps blowing a fuse

Any updates?

So I sold the LX for $3000 to a guy from Portland with a trailer. Hopefully he can figure things out and get a good deal out of it. We rented an Expedition from Enterprise and ratchet strapped the rack and tent to the roof (a little sketchy) and drove 14 hours back home. The search is on for a new ride. Thanks to all who reached out to help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom