Storage Solution for FJ40s, Trailers, etc. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I need MUD's input to judge the potential demand for a storage solution for your FJ40s, trailers, etc.

The original use was for periscope storage inside the turret of a US tank. The box is ~25 year old new surplus, made of steel and is very stout. The box is not waterproof, but I believe it could be made very close due to the precise tolerances of the lid to body gap.

As the pics show, it has two latches. I may bolt or weld a locking hasp on mine when I get around to installing mine.

The box fits well on top of the rear fenders of an FJ40. It fits easily between the vertical tubes of an OEM roll bar.

I think the box also works well mounted to the left (driver) side in front of the fender of a M100, M416, or M101-CDN 1/4 ton military trailer.

The outside measurements are 19" long, 7" wide, and 10" tall. Boxed, it measures 19.5 x 8 x 10.5 and weighs 18lbs.

If I can get enough interest, the price will be $60 plus actual shipping from 39110.

Please reply with questions and if you are interested in a Surplus Periscope Box.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I was able to source 12 of these boxes. If these sell I may be able to get more.

Researched multiple shipping options and FEDEX ground looks to be the cheapest. Expect something between $13 and $29 to the 48 contiguous States. I am open to MUD-Ship possibilities and have connections all over the SouthEast US.

Cost will be $60 plus actual shipping. Payment accepted by PayPal or money order.

Thanks Fast Eddy. I think most of them will be sold for use with M100/416/101-CDN 1/4 ton trailers. There is an identical thread in that forum. But I think the FJ40 storage application will be a close second. This box is around 1/4 the price of a Tuffy fender box, so I hope some 40 owners can use one... or two.

A marine speaker would fit well on the angled section... it's too bad there's not a left and right version... although it's metal so that could be solved.

I agree. Someone with the right skills could drill the spot welds and make a mirror image version for the other 40 fender or the other side of the trailer. I may give that a shot.

FYI: Those 4 small square welded nuts on the angled face could be easily removed with an angle grinder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom