Stock Radio Question - AUDIO OFF (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Am having a problem with my 03 Cruiser stock radio. No audio systems work - tape, CD, radio, but the nav screen does work.

I've tried pushing the volume knob down to turn on the radio, but no success.

Any ideas???

I appreciate your thoughts in helping get this problem solved!

:cheers:

Noone else has had this problem??? Really?!

In the meantime, I will call the stealership and see if they have any advice!

Will keep you posted!

Does climate control work or does it give an error message?
When you say navigation screen works, does navigation prompts work (i.e. sound coming out of speakers at all)?
I know this sounds stupid but I think I remember some people have had a stuck button that made the unit appear non functional. When you push the power button do you see any change in the screen?
If you go into service check diagnostic mode (one way to get there is posted here: https://forum.ih8mud.com/100-series...sues-reputable-shop-diagnose.html#post5765482) you will be able to get better diagnostic info.
I would look for two things: first, check the AVC Lan monitor to see if you're getting any error codes for part of the MFD. Second, forget how to get there but go to the part of the dianostic menu that lets you test the buttons to verify for example that the power button being pressed is being recognized.
Really the AVC Lan Monitor will be a great clue to where the problem is and where to start looking.
Of course having the service manual helps with walking you through the diagnostic steps you can take.

if ^^^THAT^^^ doesn't work, then check the fuse for the amp, as long as the display is saying that the radio (etc) is on but no sound is coming out.

Yes, I believe it does. I don't drive it everyday anymore, :princess: and MIL drive it (baby carrier).

When you say navigation screen works, does navigation prompts work (i.e. sound coming out of speakers at all)?
I just noticed that it was tracking my driving....didn't try to set a destination.

I know this sounds stupid but I think I remember some people have had a stuck button that made the unit appear non functional. When you push the power button do you see any change in the screen? No change.

Thanks for the other suggestions - I don't have a manual, but hopefully this will get me going.

I know, probably a dumb question, but...Where is the fusebox located?

Thanks for your help!

When I hit the Audio button on the Nav Screen, it currently says AUDIO OFF.

And I can't get the audio turned back on....its non responsive to pushing in the volume knob to turn back on. There is no radio display, and CD, Tape don't work either.

Hopefully, this won't be as bad as it can be.....(fingers crossed).

I would check fuze or reset for amp....are your stereo, nave, HVAC controls all fuzed together or separately in panel?

I'm not sure about that...

Yes, I believe it does. I don't drive it everyday anymore, :princess: and MIL drive it (baby carrier).

I just noticed that it was tracking my driving....didn't try to set a destination.

I know this sounds stupid but I think I remember some people have had a stuck button that made the unit appear non functional. When you push the power button do you see any change in the screen? No change.

Thanks for the other suggestions - I don't have a manual, but hopefully this will get me going.

I know, probably a dumb question, but...Where is the fusebox located?

Thanks for your help!

the fusefox is above the passenger kickpanel. Mine's Right Hand Drive though, but i assume yours will be in the same location.
You'll need a torch and some pointy-nose pliers.
cheers
peter

LOL Translation for moooooooo: "torch" = "flashlight" and "pointy-nose pliers" = "the fuse-puller from the fuze box under the hood next to the battery"

:D

LOL Translation for moooooooo: "torch" = "flashlight" and "pointy-nose pliers" = "the fuse-puller from the fuze box under the hood next to the battery"

:D

and for future reference if he says "bonnet" he means "hood":D

and for future reference if he says "bonnet" he means "hood":D

So, Fusebox is under hood, next to battery? Noted! I got the aussie slang...but I thought he meant needle-nose pliers!

thanks!

the fusefox is above the passenger kickpanel. Mine's Right Hand Drive though, but i assume yours will be in the same location.
You'll need a torch and some pointy-nose pliers.
cheers
peter

Thanks Peter! I need to get out there and check it out. Will let you know.

So, Fusebox is under hood, next to battery? Noted! I got the aussie slang...but I thought he meant needle-nose pliers!

thanks!

There are at least 2 fuses to look at. One is the ACC fuse, the other is the AMP fuse. I believe both are located above the kick panel on the drivers side. They are covered by a plastic cover about 2"x 1.5".
They are NOT located under the hood!
Good Luck

There are at least 2 fuses to look at. One is the ACC fuse, the other is the AMP fuse. I believe both are located above the kick panel on the drivers side. They are covered by a plastic cover about 2"x 1.5".
They are NOT located under the hood!
Good Luck

Thanks TX! Good news, I located all the fuse boxes, but haven't looked at many - ran out of time. I will check the drivers side.

Bad News - my :princess: had a fender bender in it today!!!

Not sure about the 03s but my 02 has another fuse box next to my left foot when I am seated in driver's position. I was looking at mine yesterday and there were some fuses related to the stereo in there. (on mine the "cigar" fuse also has something to do with the nav/climate/entertainment system).

Well, after checking many fuses in all locations (under the hood, driver and passenger kick panel)....I did not find any blown fuses. I checked all that seemed to be related to stereo, power, etc...then, I checked a bunch of others....I can't say that I checked every fuse, b/c I checked them over several days. I did not "reset" the amp.

Then, I was driving in the truck with my wife and I hit the FM button (yes, I tried this several times) and walaaa......sound! Everything works, CD, FM, Tape (with ipod connector).

I am happy that its back on....but considering that I didn't find any blown fuses....I'm a bit concerned that it could happen again....and what went wrong it the first place!

did this ever get resolved as to the problem? i currently have the "audio off" problem on my 02 model and would like to know fix for it.

anybody? anybody??? i still have the "audio off" on my 02 lx470 and the nav works, climate works, only the radio not working. where is this amp reset located??? i have checked the fuses and they all appear to be fine.

if it makes you feel any better my 04 will occasionally do the exact same thing AFTER I hang up a phone call using the factory Bluetooth connection. The radio that was "ON" before the call goes completely silent and "OFF" after the Bluetooth hangs up. No buttons or anything turns it back on until I shutoff the ignition completely and restart the vehicle. It's almost like the system needs a reboot. Doesn't always happen but leads me to think it's a software glitch of some sort.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom