Stock airbox replacement? Aftermarket? I need the room! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all,

The stock airbox is a pretty incredible thing. Im sure all the chambers and baffles make for a very quiet intake for a Lexus, but I need the room for a dual battery setup.

I have a snorkel ready to go on at some point... I'm not looking for something like the K&N setup that draws air from the grill through an oiled cone filter (which arent optimal for long term off-roading).

What I'm thinking of is the K&N piping, but connected to some kind of TRD/similar filter box which I can provide fresh air from the fender port/snorkel.

Does such a thing exist, or am I dreaming? I can't be the first to want such a thing.

I would talk to Tor. I think he made a dual battery tray and all in same location as stock.

Hide sight I would go slee tray for group 24 and take the new technology jump packs and save yourself alot of money and head aches down the road.

I think no one knows how to respond to your question as most of us get a second battery tray and you don't have to remove the air box. This would go above the air box area. With the correct snorkel you access via the finder to the box with included kit.

The problem with the Lexus is the AHC pump and reservoir takes space. There is not enough space for the second battery tray.

It's important to me to keep the AHC. I've been tinkering with it for some time, and I have it pretty well optimized for the wide variation between my truck fully loaded with kids/overlandingstuff/drawers/fridge/RTT/trailer tongue and then emptying it completely and driving it 45 minutes to work each day. My experience with AHC is very positive.

I like the TORFAB setup if it fits in the LX470. Having the batteries close together is nice from a wiring perspective. Unfortunately the TORFAB website doesnt use HTTPS or SSL for their credit card form, so I'm going to have to call them and give it to them over the phone.

Doesn't the Slee tray have a spot for the AHC res to be attached to? I have that dual batt/air compressor from them and I think that is the case. I do not have AHC though.

IMG_1615.JPG

@Bretthn

LX470 Family Adventure Rig

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom