Stihl 011 AV oil pump issue (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Greetings all,
I have been wrestling on an off for a year with this poor chainsaw its the orange color model. The number ahead of the carb is 8295322.
I have but a trickle or nothing coming out of the pump.
I did the gas in the oil tank and it runs out just fine. Oil nada.
I have changed and cleaned two pumps and still have nothing to speak of.
Some where in my older travels I read to check the pressure in the crank case, but all I remember is to blank off the carb and muffler, but none of the details of home much pressure or is it vacuum?
Next if it fails the pressure test, whats the easiest way to replace the gasket?
Thanks
Bobmo

Greetings all,
I have been wrestling on an off for a year with this poor chainsaw its the orange color model. The number ahead of the carb is 8295322.
I have but a trickle or nothing coming out of the pump.
I did the gas in the oil tank and it runs out just fine. Oil nada.
I have changed and cleaned two pumps and still have nothing to speak of.
Some where in my older travels I read to check the pressure in the crank case, but all I remember is to blank off the carb and muffler, but none of the details of home much pressure or is it vacuum?
Next if it fails the pressure test, whats the easiest way to replace the gasket?
Thanks
Bobmo
Calling @D'Animal

It's funny, I was just searching for your Stihl 1120 thread to ask about my oil pump and a gas leak... I'll do that now, but thought you two ^^^ should meet.

STIHL 1120 Series Complete Engine Rebuild (009, 010, 011, 012 Chain Saws)

Thanks Pacer
I've been waiting for D'Animal to check in.
He's a busy guy, and the saw will wait patiently!
His advice is well worth the time.
Bobmo

Hey Dan,
Since your back again ( :bounce:) I thought I'd move this tread up a notch and see if you can answer my old question (3 above this one).
I just won a set of gaskets for the 011 on ebay, so I can take her apart and put her back, but I'd like to know about how to test for the Crankcase compression.
Thanks
Bobmo

Thanks Dan,
Yep she runs fine, just no oil.
I read your other thread about rebuilding the 011, and know the gasket issue. Actually I got both styles with my ebay buy.
I'm mostly interested in the best way to do the crankcase compression test. I've exhausted all the other possible remedies, so the lack of crankcase compression seems to be the next step.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom