Steel Building Contractor recommendations? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Otter

All Access Pass Holder
SILVER Star
Threads
In the planning stages of building a 30x40 garage/workshop at my house. Does anyone have any recommendations for companies/contractors they've used?

I’ve got a steel building in the works, waiting on some engineering stamps right now. Not sure I have much for you but happy to discuss what I know so far.
Thanks, that'd be great. We've got an engineer working on our site plan at the moment. We've got several things going on besides the garage. Thinking we'll get start moving forward on some aspects as soon as he finishes up.

In the planning stages of building a 30x40 garage/workshop at my house. Does anyone have any recommendations for companies/contractors they've used?
I’ve got a steel building in the works, waiting on some engineering stamps right now. Not sure I have much for you but happy to discuss what I know so far.

I'm interested in the cost of the pads, if you guys don't mind sharing when you get to that point. My 40x30' shop pad cost me under $5k- almost 20 years ago. I'm considering adding some covered parking.

I'm interested in the cost of the pads, if you guys don't mind sharing when you get to that point. My 40x30' shop pad cost me under $5k- almost 20 years ago. I'm considering adding some covered parking.
will do. I'll probably start pulling quotes as soon as I get the site plan back from the engineer.

Bunger Steel. Brandon and his team have a good portfolio. (disclaimer: is friend)

If anyone has any sub-contractor recommendations, it would be appreciated.

Concrete guys, framers, roofers, electricians, plumbers, stucco, etc.

Thanks

Yeah, I requested a quote online from Bunger, but never heard back.

Southwest Building Solutions quoted $87k for my dimensions. Might not go the steel building route.

$87K does not sound too bad in today’s climate. $72.50/sf is less than I’ve been quoted of recent! (In Tucson, FWIW)

Hey, I had a 54x32 steel building built in 2020 from Southwest Building Solutions. Feel free to message me if you have any questions.

This is the most expensive time in the past decade to build anything.

I agree. Timing is not optimal.

A friend of mine has had 2 buildings built by these guys. One looks like a shop and the other looks like a house, you would never know it was a steel building.

I got a bid from them back in 2017 for a 40x60, it was something like 54k for the structure, slab and install excluding doors. The owner said he could have a 30x60 finished, insulated, + doors for 44k. They were easy to work with and quick to respond. Tell them Ryan Deyoung referred you (thats my friend).

I was planning to go with one of these, back when a 40x60 with a 16ft ceiling was 29k. still an option, but it is either DIY or you will pay 15k+ for someone to build it, plus the slab, so it would be cheaper to go with a builder and let them handle all of the permitting and headaches.

A friend of mine has had 2 buildings built by these guys. One looks like a shop and the other looks like a house, you would never know it was a steel building.

I got a bid from them back in 2017 for a 40x60, it was something like 54k for the structure, slab and install excluding doors. The owner said he could have a 30x60 finished, insulated, + doors for 44k. They were easy to work with and quick to respond. Tell them Ryan Deyoung referred you (thats my friend).
Thanks for the recommendation. From their website, looks like they only serve Prescott and Kingman. North Scottsdale is probably outside their area.

Thanks for the recommendation. From their website, looks like they only serve Prescott and Kingman. North Scottsdale is probably outside their area.
One of my friends buildings was in desert hills and the other in Apache junction, they will go anywhere. The owner was working in western Nevada when I talked to him last. They really should update their website with that info.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom