Stacy's 40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

jrob

Florence, MS
Threads
Trying to figure out what all I need to do to get ready for June.
Did anybody have the windshield hinges?

jrob said:
Trying to figure out what all I need to do to get ready for June.
Did anybody have the windshield hinges?

Sorry only had one. Driver side I believe. Yours if ya want it.

wngrog said:
What is on there now holding the windshield on?

Ill look in my pile....

Dude welded up the hinges......good!

Sorry, but the only hinges I have are also welded up!

Thanks. I found some at fjparts in Cali. 40 $ each, pretty descent price for what I've seen. He happens to have the seals for the full floater that I need.

I am gonna begin building sliders and a skid plate Saturday morning along with removing the windshield.....excuse me, I mean cutting the windshield off.

If anyone is interested in fabrication come on down.

I am gonna begin building sliders and a skid plate Saturday morning along with removing the windshield.....excuse me, I mean cutting the windshield off.

If anyone is interested in fabrication come on down.

:bounce:

Ya know....I know my .02 is only worth that and opinions are like assholes, etc but.......

I really think you should put some radials on this truck and get it all super duper Jrob clean and make it a really, really kick ass street Cruiser that can do 2-3 trails without a hiccup and.......

BUY YOURSELF A BUGGY>>>>>

You know that is where you are heading. Save the 10 grand you are about to throw at this truck just to have another 5000# full bodied truck that is too nice to trash.

Ya know....I know my .02 is only worth that and opinions are like assholes, etc but.......

I really think you should put some radials on this truck and get it all super duper Jrob clean and make it a really, really kick ass street Cruiser that can do 2-3 trails without a hiccup and.......

BUY YOURSELF A BUGGY>>>>>

You know that is where you are heading. Save the 10 grand you are about to throw at this truck just to have another 5000# full bodied truck that is too nice to trash.

As much as I hate to agree with the Grog. I will agree with his statement.

What year is Stacy's 40? I might have the windshield hinges.

Jrob says no!

He's doing the right thing with Stacey's 40. That is not a truck to take back to a more stock look He won't have to spend much money on that truck. It's all there. Auto, locked on both ends, 35" radial swampers, cage, and an injected SBC. Time is all he'll have in this rig We built sliders today and got a good start on the skid plate. Gonna be a good middle of the road wheeler.

wngrog said:
This is really where I'm headed with this. As far as capability on the trails.....it is there. I spent 7500$ on it, I'm guessing another 2500$ and I'm done. However; there is ALOT of time involved in the 2500$., but that's ok with me. I bought a stock gas tank for $150, bought a tuffy for $150, $80 for windshield hinges, shocks 200 or so, won extended shock towers at k2. Move rear axle, raise motor and tranny, build and raise fenders......all of this requires metal and tube which I already have. I will have to redo the rear drive shaft.

Then flat black paint job, figure $350 - $400, and again........alot of labor, but I'm ok with that........gives me a winter project ;)

So from looking at it today, which I really had not looked really good at it, there is just alot of time involved

Then flat black paint job, figure $350 - $400, and again........alot of labor, but I'm ok with that........gives me a winter project ;)

for the first time ever i can say that I can honestly help and give positive input and help with a jrob project....atleast on this part.

wngrog said:
Good to hear. Last we spoke custom axles and new tcases and 42's were discussed.

Solid plan. Carry on.

I know, I know.

You know me, I like asking questions, learning about stuff, but mostly BUILDING things!! I figure I can have $10,500 in it and she can go pretty much any place I can, and it will look very good on the street.

wngrog said:
I like everything but flat pain. Never ever cleans up right after it gets dirt in it.

Do they make a flat black automotive paint?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom