SSO Sliders (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Finally got around to taking pictures. I'm not a welder, but they appear to be very well made. I gave up on the idea of painting myself because it'll be months before it's warm enough and the supports will be a real PIA to prep/paint, so I dropped them off this afternoon to be powder coated satin black.
full

full

full

Those look rock solid and kick-ass, they'll look killer installed.

Got them back from powder coating today. Hopefully I have time to weld them on soon.

full

I finally got the sliders welded on tonight. The passenger side went on about 1/4" from the pinch weld, but the driver's side must have shifted after we lined it up because it's only sitting about 1/8" off the pinch weld along the side and almost touching the pinch up near the front body mount. Does anyone with experience know if this will cause the slider to hit the body off road? How much do these trucks flex off road? @Vlad?

The sliders look great though. Pictures to follow.

If any of you guys have the OEM side steps available, I'd love to swap them with my Prado sides or just buy them off you.
(I'm not going too crazy with this thing and the GX wasn't sold here so might as well play up the "LEXUS" factor...the Prado sides aren't lit and are more sporty looking)

full

full

Had them welded on at a buddies house a few weeks ago. They're incredibly stout. There top side of the mounting plates was tricky to get at because of the wide feet and limited space. Other than that, it was straight forward.

full

It's worth noting that they don't stick out from the vehicle very far. They're about flush with the fender flares. You can kind of see in the picture above. So, if you want to use them as a step like my wife does, put them down as low on the frame as possible. We mounted mine about 1/4" off the bottom and it's pretty tough to use the front steps unless you're barefoot or in flip flops.

full

Thanks! I plan on mounting them as low on the frame rail as possible. I may add a shim or something then to get them out away from the body a little bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom