Springtail MPAC 1977 FJ40 Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It is not the body mounts that worry me as much as the predrilled hardtop holes ;)

I am sure that there is nothing that a drill, a welder, a dremel and more money can't fix.

Doc

It's been said, if you throw enough money at something, you can make anything happen. My problem is, I can't seem to find enough to toss! :meh:

I do know I'm trying to single handedly jumpstart the economy with what I'm spending on my 40. Wouldn't have it any other way though. I've found my bliss, as they say. :p

:cheers:

It was a big day for me...the tub was finsihed at LInex and I made the 30 mile trek skirting rain clouds all of the way (whew!)

The tub is at the body shop now...next week we will make sure that it lines up OK with the frame mounts. The body shop is overwhelmed with hail damage jobs so it may be August until the work actually gets started.

I will post some pics next week with the tub on the frame and of the linex job.

Doc

Thanks,

Yes I am the same "Doc"...a little more FJ40 action over here :steer:

Doc
hmm..now I remember man i bought a whole mpac set from you awehile back...for my fj cruiser back in the day seem so long ago..hahaha thanks for all your contributions through the years.

I strongly suggest you test-fit all the doors and the gas filler neck, etc. and the hard top before doing any finish (paint) work on the tub...

Steve

I strongly suggest you test-fit all the doors and the gas filler neck, etc. and the hard top before doing any finish (paint) work on the tub...

Steve

All of those parts are at the body shop already....we checked the doors when the body came in. Frame mounts will get checked on Wed, after that the hardtop. We have a long ways to go before any real painting occurs :)

Certainly sound advice though.

Doc

The body met the frame for a brief period of time today, Amazingly, everything lines up very well. The guys at the body shop stated that they were very impressed with both the quality of the work and how well everything fits the way that it should.

IMG_0311.jpg

More pics....

IMG_0301.jpg

IMG_0293.jpg

IMG_0291.jpg

I even checked the hardtop...the predrilled holes line up very well :cheers:

IMG_0314.jpg

IMG_0313.jpg

IMG_0316.jpg

IMG_0315.jpg

Doc

I'd say you were lucky but we know you did your homework before the purchase so luck was a small part of the equation. Lookin' good!

I'd say you were lucky but we know you did your homework before the purchase so luck was a small part of the equation. Lookin' good!

When I ordered the Tub, I was told that the hardtop and dash knob holes would not be drilled....I got a bit nervous when it showed up with everything drilled and tapped.
I will sleep a lot better tonight knowing that everything seems to fit well ;)

Doc

Update: Limbo....nothin' happening :doh:

Mechanic is too busy fixing peoples air conditioning:deadhorse:, Body is sitting at the painters who will "maybe get to it this week":frown:

Doc
My mechanic fabricator is available soon. He won't put you out. He's like a pitbull and works his arse off to get your rig done in a timely manner and correctly. Want his number? He can probably pick it up as well. Your call.

Thanks but not necessary....this is all of my own fault.

The delayed shipment of the body from Pacol threw a wrench into everyones schedule....add to that record temps this summer (keeps the mechanic busy) and a nasty hail storm earlier this year (body & Paint), it is all to be expected.

My job at this point is to rattle cages....I have settled into the idea that this will become a winter project, so I have eased my expectations. Once the major body and mechanics are in place, I can get it back to my shop for details and fabrication of MPAC storage products :)

Doc

Rock on, you going to be at the TCC Classic this year?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom