Spring/Summer Lakes Basin Cruiser Trip :NorCal: (1 Viewer)

IMG_20140719_094510.jpg

IMG_20140719_163538.jpg

@Fast Eddy walking right through the Squeeze on the way to Little Deer Lake
IMG_20140719_164102.jpg

It looks like there's a bunch of room for the hundy, but there isn't.
IMG_20140719_164247.jpg

After we finally got the hundy to the top, no action shots here.
IMG_20140719_183048.jpg

Finnyfam60

Driving miss daisy
Anybody end up with a heavy wood handled hammer??? Had a black head with brass impact surfaces. I inherited it from my dad and haven't seen it since the trip.. :-/
Thanks for double checking!

esh

SILVER Star
Series of random road pics. I didn't take any but my partner luckily did! Long drive :)

We ended up exploring the area and stayed at Little Deer the night we were up. Awesome little lake, just hard enough trail to filter most people.

IMG_5911.JPG

maybe Lake Britton. we found a great primitive camp next to the PCT
IMG_5933.JPG

awesome breakfast the next day
IMG_5937.JPG

Lassen N.P. such a great park. I need to spend a week there.
IMG_5943.JPG

kind of a surprise to find in the NP
IMG_5951.JPG

sub, rear admiral Sadie at her post
IMG_5958.JPG

Trust me, I can do it.. trail's cake.
IMG_5970.JPG

View above Little Deer
IMG_5974.JPG

Waiting to see if Fast Eddy's crew struggling up the trail needed a winch
IMG_5980.JPG

kind of rue not bringing the canoe, but I figured if I had brought it the thunderstorms would surely direct hit us. I entertained myself with trying to sling rocks across to the little island
IMG_5991.JPG

no idea
IMG_5999.jpg

sweet
IMG_6003.JPG

IMG_6005.JPG

camp is set. see the LEDs stuck to the rack? holy cow they are AWESOME
IMG_6007.JPG

IMG_6012.JPG

heh
IMG_6024.JPG

IMG_6028.JPG

Finnyfam60

Driving miss daisy
So, I am willing to offer $50 reward if someone finds my dad's hammer. Please double check your tools/gear. I am nearly positive that I had it out while doing tent pegs and keg at the campsite... :(
Thank you all in advance.

So, I am willing to offer $50 reward if someone finds my dad's hammer. Please double check your tools/gear. I am nearly positive that I had it out while doing tent pegs and keg at the campsite... :(
Thank you all in advance.

Dude that sucks... I have some of my grandfather's (who I never got to meet) carpentry tools. Cool stuff like a double claw hammer and old school squares and hand drills. I feel your pain if I were to loose that stuff. Sounds like if it doesn't show up a recon mission should be launched!

Bump for a dudes hammer...

-A

Finnyfam60

Driving miss daisy
Dude that sucks... I have some of my grandfather's (who I never got to meet) carpentry tools. Cool stuff like a double claw hammer and old school squares and hand drills. I feel your pain if I were to loose that stuff. Sounds like if it doesn't show up a recon mission should be launched!

Bump for a dudes hammer...

-A
Thanks bro. Yeah, he was a snap on dealer, then a BMW tech, and passed when I was young. My mom was very devastated and some of his friends helped her liquidate a lot of his stuff to help support us. Sad to not have 95% of it, but we had to eat. I have a few things: floor jack, couple sets of sockets, a few misc specialty items, and a bench top box. This hammer is one of my most favorite tools, amazing at everything: just think of how many times a BFH is required in DIY projects/repairs!
Anyhow, hoping it finds it way home.
I am going to dig thru all my stuff again, and then Rescue mission planning will commence this weekend!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom