Spring Run (1 Viewer)

What weekend works best

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

how'd the 80 do?

No real issues. Couple new dents, and I bent the whole body a bit with a wicked slider hit, but outside of that all good.

Bryan drove his as well, and I know got over 16mpg out of one tank, with no issues either.

The waterfall I spotted Connor up I REALLY wanted to do myself, but would have had to sacrifice the drivers rear door to do it, which is the one that still opens.

That waterfall was super cool! But yeah, way to tight for an 80. Other than that giant rock that would remove the side, your 80 would have made it.

It was fun driving instead of towing too. This was officially the longest I've ever driven, wheeled, and driven back without issue as well.

It was fun driving instead of towing too. This was officially the longest I've ever driven, wheeled, and driven back without issue as well.

That's gotta be kind of satisfying, the first time I wheeled was in my 62 and was the only time I did not tow.

Sounds like a fun time was had by all.

So you all agree it was worth the trip and would be worthy of another trip?

I'd say yes, but we gotta do more research. It's not a park that you can just go wheel some s*** at and go back to camp. It requires planning, but I thought it was cool. Gorgeous area too.

I know Conner said he'd prefer Harlan, which I have not been to and apparently isn't very far from Windrock relative to our drive. So, yeah. Let's go wheel.

I think even if we went back tomorrow, without any other planning, we have enough to fill up 5 days on a trail pretty easily. If it's dry, 15 and 38 would be a day. 47 would be a day. 47a would be a day. 39 and 40 would be a day. And I could see us spending at least half a day on 3. That still leaves 45 which could take up close to half a day on just 100 yards of trail, 16 which is close to a day, and 37 which is a day, but both 16 and 37 need dry weather to go attempt. 19 looked cool from what we could see, so did 21.

And we still would only be on 1/4 of the map. I'll keep doing research so when we do return, we can have a game plan, whether that's this year, next, or just sometime in the future.

There is also about 4 or 5 other parks within a few hours of that area to try. I'e heard great things about Golden off road, Woolys, and a few others I've forgotten the names of. Most west if there closer to Nashville

I think even if we went back tomorrow, without any other planning, we have enough to fill up 5 days on a trail pretty easily. If it's dry, 15 and 38 would be a day. 47 would be a day. 47a would be a day. 39 and 40 would be a day. And I could see us spending at least half a day on 3. That still leaves 45 which could take up close to half a day on just 100 yards of trail, 16 which is close to a day, and 37 which is a day, but both 16 and 37 need dry weather to go attempt. 19 looked cool from what we could see, so did 21.

And we still would only be on 1/4 of the map. I'll keep doing research so when we do return, we can have a game plan, whether that's this year, next, or just sometime in the future.

I would highly recommend 12, not super challenging but very neat, it runs alongside a river a and you cross the river back and forth a number of times. It’s a FULL day for a group though, like leave camp at sunrise and get back at dark. Assuming no one breaks.

Last edited:
Sounds like a lot of fun. I think for this group, to accomplish something like that though would be damn near impossible. We could maybe leave by 10 if we pushed it. and by 5:30 people are going to be pissed there's no captain in their yeti mugs. If I may make some assumptions.

Sounds like a lot of fun. I think for this group, to accomplish something like that though would be damn near impossible. We could maybe leave by 10 if we pushed it. and by 5:30 people are going to be pissed there's no captain in their yeti mugs. If I may make some assumptions.

Don't pretend you are not one of us.

Plus, time needed to complete trails is so different for everyone! We can wheel all of the badlands in about 2 hours with 6 trucks.

I would highly recommend 12, not super challenging but very neat, it runs alongside a river a and you cross the river back a a number of times. It’s a FULL day for a group though, like leave camp at sunrise and get back at dark. Assuming no one breaks.

Downside to 12 is that it is supposed to be atv only

Yeah, not a good trail for you guys then :flipoff2:
I ran it with just another moderately built 60 and I (both locked F/R on 35" rubber, neither super hardcore but pretty capable and not really scared of body damage) and we left camp at I think 7am, and got back at about dark. And we didn't have any breakage or real hangups besides getting lost a few times (I don't think it is a very oftenly used trail, in a few places it wasn't super clear which way to go) and me getting hung up on some big river rocks by being dumb. It's over hour of access roads to start the trail.

Downside to 12 is that it is supposed to be atv only

It's LABELLED as that... I think the idea was something like "don't worry, you won't get caught".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom