Spring over...Tires? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone have a spring over with stock springs, larger than 35" tires, uncut front fenders, no bump-stops, and no scrub when off roading?

I would like to see pictures of your set-ups. I want to go with 37s but most of them aren't made in the width that I would like. The tire I like the most right now looks like a 38.5 x 14.50 SX. Any suggestions?

35's rub -- no way a 38 ain't gonna rub, unless you do a ... nope... ain't gonna happen

Mine has 37 mtr's. The only part it rubs is the very front on the front fender. I have no bump stops but the rear fenders are cut. The front and rear springs are also flipped.
crawler.JPG
front.JPG

My rears are already cut. I have 4" springs and 35s now.

have a soa and 38 hogs been running them for years have some rub from time to time off road this is a street driven truck also and cruses at 65 no problems with a 2f front springs are reversed and manual steering hope this helps

[QUOTE='74 UA FJ]My rears are already cut. I have 4" springs and 35s now.[/QUOTE]

you could run the 4" lift and SOA, but it's gonna be tall, and stiff.

You can run bigger bump stops, but then you don't articulate.

trim the fenders, run tubing on the lip, and let it rub a little.

Here's a shot of my fenders... Luke at 4X4 labs whipped out the tubing

the final being "stuffed"
caddy_base.jpg

Last edited:
I like those fenders. Did 4x4 labs just bend the tube for you or did they do the entire fender. I assume the tube is just welded around the cut out fender? Those are sharp!

Or you could go the Metal Tech route, we sell a tube fender kit that is 2.5"s higher and 2" narrower than the standard fender. I can stuff my 37's fully w/o bump stops. You will have to cut your side aprons to make the tube fenders fit, but its a small price for a big gain. Metal Tech Cage

here's mine with stock springs ,fronts flipped .rear just drilled new hole in axle perch and moved axle back about 1 1/2 inch's 38.5 x 14.5 TSL SX to get them to fit for me, i decided to add a bodylift .
( i did not want to cut the crap out of my body just in case i go with smaller tires one day ):doh:
IMG_0873 (Small).JPG

Here is mine. Full stuff, 37" Irok Radials, SOA, Spring flip, no bumpstops (at the time), and minor fender trimming.
Picture 091.jpg

I don't know where these guys are coming from that say it isn't going to happen, I have stock springs, SOA, running TSL=SX 38.5 x 15.5. Had to cut the back when I did the spring flip but didn't touch the front and I don't remember ever rubbing front fenders. I do have a 1" body lift, maybe that makes the difference.
DSC03640 (Small).JPG
DSC04036 (Small).JPG

must not flex well, my fronts about touch my hood, and my rear rubs the top of the inner fenders as my bumpstops

mine flexes well also .it used to rub until i added the 3 inch body lift . now all is fine .alittle taller than your rig most likely . :beer: saw the pic of yours mine doesn't flex that well .:doh:

bustanutley said:
must not flex well, my fronts about touch my hood, and my rear rubs the top of the inner fenders as my bumpstops

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom