Spring over 74 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

...an admission of a shortcoming coupled with the "idea" it is an acceptable evil...

Dood... it's no shortcoming, it's a compromise, and flopping a truck is no evil, and it is definately acceptable.

To say otherwise is like saying that it's not acceptable to fall while skiing, to get a cramp while running, to slice the ball while golfing, to double fault in Tenis, to go offside in hockey, to nudge your opponent in the Grand Prix, or to kill the opposing team's fans at a british football match.... No champ in any sport ever got good without first falling a thousand times.

I know your proud record of four wheeling is flop free. Perhaps it begs the question, 'how hard are you really trying?' Maybe you should try it. It really isn't so bad. In my four flops, only once have I ever done any real damage.

There's no shame in laying your truck over. It's definately no evil.

hummm, could it be that i know the limit?
to me flopping on one's side is not knowing the limit and or maybe driver inexperience (and of course it could be a bit of showing off gone too far...<not that i ever show off>)

being proud of laying your truck on its side is ridiculous

Colourfull and entertaing as always, you should drop in more often.......

I have had the pleasure of wheeling with some local kids, very hard core, full exos that are used quite a bit.

Dood... it's no shortcoming, it's a compromise, and flopping a truck is no evil, and it is definately acceptable.

To say otherwise is like saying that it's not acceptable to fall while skiing, to get a cramp while running, to slice the ball while golfing, to double fault in Tenis, to go offside in hockey, to nudge your opponent in the Grand Prix, or to kill the opposing team's fans at a british football match.... No champ in any sport ever got good without first falling a thousand times.

I know your proud record of four wheeling is flop free. Perhaps it begs the question, 'how hard are you really trying?' Maybe you should try it. It really isn't so bad. In my four flops, only once have I ever done any real damage.

There's no shame in laying your truck over. It's definately no evil.

yep, if you don't know your limit then an EXO is the way to go...

Or, if one wants to explore limits in a safer manner for themself, and those on the trail around them...

Or if one wants to "play hard" and protect vital components from constant repair...

Or, if one wants to simply be safer then the factory internal bar that is present...

Or, if one wants to look cool and be poser...

:)

gb

being proud of laying your truck on its side is ridiculous

Dunno about "proud", but willing to push the limits to flop?, nothing wrong with that....if youre in a rig that's built for it. It's all part of seeing what your limits really are. Why have a truck capable of hard-core wheeling if youre not willing to find out what it's really capable of? In the case below, damage was limited to a little oil in #4 that had to be spit out and a dent in the exo cage...nobody was hurt and I learned what the real tipping point of the rig was (and the better line on that obstacle). If I had done this to my 70 or my 100... THAT would have been stupid.

OILERSrule....A SOA conversion if done right is far from cheap. I'm in the middle of doing my FJ62 and doing all the work myself (except the C&T), using quality parts, I'll be into it for around $1,700. Anyone who tells you it's as simpe as flopping the axle over top the springs is nuts...thats just a cheap way to build a death trap.

Peter & Wayne...enjoyable as always:popcorn:
DSCF1952.jpg

yep, Brett...you look pretty proud in that pic...

BTW, Brian has succeeded in flopping the same truck into a mud hole (and he looked as proud as you did)...poor truck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom