Speedometer cable issues (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My 1970 pig had a transmission upgrade to an early fj60 transmission. The speedometer cable fits into the transmission fine but won’t connect with the gauge. I thought this was the original cable but I guess not. Anybody have a cable that will work wit this original gauge?
1E110DDE-B744-4952-BE94-1F3DD9A203B4.jpeg
1E110DDE-B744-4952-BE94-1F3DD9A203B4.jpeg

I’l check my parts stash and see what’s there. Cold and snowing, right now, but will check in next couple of days.

around 71 they changed the cables . just order the newer one for a 55 , I have both styles side by side in mine as i have many different year, heads in mine , the cold broke 2 sets on inner gears

around 71 they changed the cables . just order the newer one for a 55 , I have both styles side by side in mine as i have many different year, heads in mine , the cold broke 2 sets on inner gears
My gauge though is pre 1971 so wouldn’t I need to order the older cable so it would connect correctly at the gauge? The problem is I believe this cable goes with the fj60 transmission that was installed in my pig. Where could I find the older cable? Thanks

NAPA

BK 6151679 Balkamp , 14.42 $ cost .. in mutiple locations nationwide 74 length

that is for the older gauges , the snap in is for the newer style . just checked mine ,in june i put a 79 gauge in mine ,it is a snap in .

BK 6151680​
is a 80 length cable , with the correct ends out of a 69 toyota corona , if you need the length

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom