Speedo/Odometer recalibration for larger tires? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

r2m

Richard
Threads
This is for my 2013 GX 460, premium with navigation.
So in my search for recalibrating my speedo/odometer for my 34.9" O.D. tires, I can't find anything in our 150 series forum. Even in ClubLexus I can't really find anything difinitive.
I'm looking for a:
  • hack
  • add-on module (any products?)
  • going through the on-screen display
  • or??
My speedo is about 9.5 percent off. At 60 mph on the dial on the dash, my phone's GPS reads 65 mph.

I have been told you can have scan gauge display the correct speed based of new tire size. I have a SG but haven't played with that part of it yet.
Wouldn't just using a GPS app on my phone work and be the same thing? I have a great wireless charging mount for my Galaxy Note 8 that I could use.

But it would still be nice to have the O.D. be correct also. I re-geared my GX when I added the lockers and that didn't correct the speedo.
When I put 35" BFG M/T's on my 1998 Landcruiser, it was all wacked out also until I added the front locker and re-geared the front and rear diff's. Then at 70 mph on my speedo, my actual GPS speed was about 68 mph. I was able to live with that.
You can find photos of my LC on the 100 series forum, if interested. ;)

Last edited:
I wouldn't recommend this just for the speedo function, but the ARB Linx product includes a speedometer function. If you are looking for an all-in-one product for controlling lockers, accessories, and also correcting speedometer you might want to check it out. Home - ARB Linx - Vehicle Accessory Interface

I wouldn't recommend this just for the speedo function, but the ARB Linx product includes a speedometer function. If you are looking for an all-in-one product for controlling lockers, accessories, and also correcting speedometer you might want to check it out. Home - ARB Linx - Vehicle Accessory Interface
Just checked out your link. Very cool!
Just checked out the price. Very expensive!

This is for my 2013 GX 460, premium with navigation.
So in my search for recalibrating my speedo/odometer for my 34.9" O.D. tires, I can't find anything in our 150 series forum. Even in ClubLexus I can't really find anything difinitive.
I'm looking for a:
  • hack
  • add-on module (any products?)
  • going through the on-screen display
  • or??
My speedo is about 9.5 percent off. At 60 mph on the dial on the dash, my phone's GPS reads 65 mph.

This is what you're looking for:

Universal Speedometer Signal Interface

I have used this successfully when I swapped in a chevy motor into my mazda. I had a friend drive my car while I was holding a GPS device while I programmed the unit with my speedometer. You will need to track down the speedo wire and splice into it.

This is what you're looking for:

Universal Speedometer Signal Interface

I have used this successfully when I swapped in a chevy motor into my mazda. I had a friend drive my car while I was holding a GPS device while I programmed the unit with my speedometer. You will need to track down the speedo wire and splice into it.
This looks very promising!
But... I need a FSM that shows where all the wiring is. I don't want to be Willy-Nilly cutting and splicing wires and fry my computer or electrical. I'm a mechanical engineer and so I just get by with electrical.
I found one FSM but it is not really a "how-to" type of manual.
If anyone out there knows where to get a PDF of a thorough FSM, feel free to drop a link or post a copy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom