Speedo Correction for the 100 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

2000UZJ

Where's My Hammer?
Threads
any body make one? or are the universal?

my 295's threw my speedo off by a bit... speedo shows 75, im really doing 84... got a ticket and would like to get this fixed

is it the marks 4x4 adapter? or something like that? easy to install?

I believe they make one here for $140AUD, I can find out if you like

Joe @ Slee's installed it since we were doing a ton of things. It didnt take him long. I'm not sure how many he had done before, dont think many. It does require extra steps over the 80 install since you have to cut the plug off and wire it up the old fashion way.

if you could. I saw the marks adapter on Slee's and drilling doesn't sound like my thing.

my scangauge usually reads the correct speed, but it reset it self the other day for some odd reason and didn't even realize it until i got pulled over

if you could. I saw the marks adapter on Slee's and drilling doesn't sound like my thing.

my scangauge usually reads the correct speed, but it reset it self the other day for some odd reason and didn't even realize it until i got pulled over

no drilling required (well except to mount the box somewhere).

oh, slee's site said to drill into the transfer case... looks like he will be getting a call from me soon.

any other companies known that makes them?

edit: read it wrong, tunnel is different than drilling the actually t-case. thought thats what it said.

Can't do something simple like put in a different speedo gear (ala 80 Series)?

I use the scangauge - it works great. My 295s off set the speedo approximately 7% slower than actually traveling. My wife drives our 100 as a daily driver - without the Scangauge - we would be paying frequent donations to the local law enforcement agencies.

i have mine set at +7, whats your set to in the size menu?

Same. Works great. I have it mounted right on top of the steering column. It really only blocks the rear diff lock indicator - which isn't a big deal. The display is right where you normally look for speed anyway - I never look at the actual speedometer anymore.

You can see where i have it in this photo
ry%3D400

Last edited:
I just use my GPS.

Same. Works great. I have it mounted right on top of the steering column. It really only blocks the rear diff lock indicator - which isn't a big deal. The display is right where you normally look for speed anyway - I never look at the actual speedometer anymore.

You can see where i have it in this photo
ry%3D400

mines mounted just to the left of where yours is. blocks the door ajar and seat belts. which is fine because i know when my door is open (so i think) and when my seat belt is off (when i go flying through the windshield)

X2...easy to read the large display

Or else invest in a good radar detector:flipoff2:

don't friggin start man. When i detailed my truck the other weekend I took my Passport out :mad:, and my GPS charger :mad:. Was a bad f'in day :bang: .Good thing is I explained it to my insurance company and they said my rates wont go up. Which was a huge relief.

i use my aftermarket GPS too, but the ScanGuage II allows you to factor in a % which will then show the correct speed.

I haven't altered my ScanGuage (coz i rely on the GPS) but it's pretty easy to do.

My tyres are Cooper STTs 265x75x16.
Factory were Dunlop Grandtrek ATs 275x70x16.

and at 98km/h ScanGuage II reading is actually 100km/h on the GPS which is generally our highway speed limit. Doesn';t sound like i should care, but speed cameras (they call them "road safety cameras" now) we get only like a 3 - 5 km/h allowance and get fined. That tolerance is less than what the factory says is acceptable...but the Govt says they are fighting a road death toll. Revenue raising is what it is.

hope that helps
peter

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom