SpeedHut/MM Tachometer Yellow Wire in '90 FJ62 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

FishNinJay

SILVER Star
Threads
Just received my new SpeedHut gauges from @FJ60Cam at Mosley Motors. They look AWESOME!

I think I have the SpeedHut lighting inverter and the "main" wiring figured out, but I'm worried about this yellow sensor wire to the tachometer.
There seems to be a corresponding yellow wire on the OEM dash wiring, but the FSM also seems unclear. The FSM (below) shows a BLACK wire going from the ignition coil to the tachometer also? According to the FSM, the yellow wire off the tachometer goes to the ECU. According to the SpeedHut directions, the tachometer for various vehicles can be receiving it's signal from either the ECU or the ignition coil. If from the ECU, it looks like I need to install a resistor, that is provided. Long story short, the yellow wire off the SpeedHut tach, should be connected to the Toyota OEM YELLOW wire and install the add-on resistor? Or a Toyota OEM BLACK wire?

I'm sure I'll have questions about the other SpeedHut gauges too, including the "floatless fuel sender" setup. So feel free to share any tips or links to posts. I did a search here and didn't find much. So hopefully, these noob install posts of mine might help a few other people doing this nice SpeedHut Gauge upgrade.
Ok.. Thank you! 🥃 -J
tachy_oem_plugx.jpg

ignition_coil_tachy_FSM_wiring.jpg

Tachy_FSM_wiring.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom