Spare tire covers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I found a "bestop" brand from amazon that was quite reasonably priced for my 35" spare. It was sturdy, relatively thick material. If you may recall, I mounted my spare on the roof, so I wanted to protect it from the sun. Worked as intended for a few months!

I was doubly glad I shopped around for a deal when I lost it due to wind turbulence on a much longer than usual road trip... :frown: 🤦‍♂️

Since they were designed for the spares on the back like you want to do, I would have to assume you are safe from the same demise...

I was sold when I saw the cool porcupine. 😊
070245C5-C774-46F5-8969-7C61020CED47.jpeg

I had a plain black one for while which I liked the most but now I don't have one at all.

bumper2.jpg

Escape Gear from Equipt. I have two of them.

camping.jpg

Last edited:
Not a spare wheel cover strictly speaking but a very good product and it does somewhat cover your spare tire…
I actually have a spare tire trash bag thing, will have to look at it again and see how it fits. Haven’t used/looked at it for years, thanks for the reminder

Those trasharoo’s are a product that befit a *eep. They’re pretty junky and look like a nutsack hanging off of your spare tire (speaking from experience here, I did own one). The Camp Cover is refined and super nice. Just my 2c

Those trasharoo’s are a product that befit a *eep. They’re pretty junky and look like a nutsack hanging off of your spare tire (speaking from experience here, I did own one). The Camp Cover is refined and super nice. Just my 2c

The straps on trasharoos don't hold up very well.

The straps on trasharoos don't hold up very well.
Exactly. Mine broke when re-installing (my mistake, yes, but you can’t make that mistake with the Camp Cover which uses a far far better design). They’re massive but they’re also basically only good for charcoal and trash.

Exactly. Mine broke when re-installing (my mistake, yes, but you can’t make that mistake with the Camp Cover which uses a far far better design). They’re massive but they’re also basically only good for charcoal and trash.

Did you have that shipped from Aus?

Did you have that shipped from Aus?
Camp Cover is from South Africa. They have some nice gear and one may be able to order direct versus having to get it from Australia.

Your 80 looks great!

Camp Cover is from South Africa. They have some nice gear and one may be able to order direct versus having to get it from Australia.

Your 80 looks great!
There are a few places stocking Camp Cover in the US. I've gotten most of my stuff from OK4wd.

I have a Bestop cover with home painted logo.
Elastic around the edge gave out fairly quickly.
I put grommets in and lashed the cover back on.
1681522967846.png

I’ve had several Escape Gear tire covers and the elastic banding is very tight and holds up well. (Almost to the point where installing them can be a challenge). I don’t believe a Land Cruiser can reach a velocity where loosing the tire cover could be an issue. 😁

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom