Builds SouthTxGX’s question and build thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Don't worry until there's something to worry about it.

Just checked it after it had been sitting overnight and it was almost to the full line on the dipstick. Guess it was off camber just long enough for the oil to drain enough for the sensor to go off. I just find it odd as I’ve never heard of it happening to anyone else and it’s never happened while offroad in any of my other Toyota vehicles at more extreme angles.

Screen Shot 2020-09-11 at 6.15.45 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-09-11 at 6.16.34 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-09-11 at 6.16.44 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-09-11 at 6.16.55 AM.png

Damn, curious if they lied about servicing it or if its burning oil. I haven't heard of any doing that especially with that few miles. I can't imagine that a CPO Lexus would have forged service history. What weight oil are you running? If it is in fact consuming oil I'd try moving to a heavier weight oil next.
I don't know what Texas DOT laws are but here in the blue state ( :flipoff2: ) of CA, we have to smog our vehicles every 2 years. If you smog your vehicle, that will tell you if you're burning oil or not and shouldn't cost too much.

Last edited:
No smog testing where I am. Dealership is going to do a consumption test. I’ll bring it back in 1300 miles to see the results. They didn’t find any leaks and said everything looked normal.

In other news, a nice white gx with a lift, tires, and rtt just pulled in and has me really wanting to get everything done quicker.

Wish CA would get on board. We did at least get our 10 round mag limit repealed!! (changed gears and talking guns now...)

In Texas it's dependent on the population density of your county. I have never had to get emissions testing done.

So the oil consumption test showed no issues. Sitting at discount tire getting the 275/70r17 cooper st maxx tires put on the trail wheels and test fitting them with stock suspension. I doubt they’ll fit, but doesn’t hurt to try it out. The total chaos UCAs showed up and the lift gets installed about 10 days from now.

Just a little too close for comfort. The lugs were close enough to the bolts on the liner/step that I know they would rub pretty bad when turning.
BF378469-BD4E-4F9E-BE96-60A3FCF5B6A5.jpeg

Thank for documenting your build. 👍 I was wondering why you decided against the 255/75r17's? I'm considering that

Just a little too close for comfort. The lugs were close enough to the bolts on the liner/step that I know they would rub pretty bad when turning. View attachment 2466366

Thank for documenting your build. 👍 I was wondering why you decided against the 255/75r17's? I'm considering that

I figured I’d go with these since they’re a little bit wider, but after seeing the 255/75 trail grapplers on a buddy’s Jeep they look like I would’ve been happy with that size. There’s definitely more options in 255/75 though.

Got the lift installed a few days early. I really like the way it sits and it rides better than I expected. Gonna experiment with the Lexus center caps from the stock wheels to see if they’ll fit. If not I’ll throw the Toyota ones on.
E82AEB4F-497A-4315-A0BF-2B2B9BF11EC1.jpeg

I’ve done some minor offroading since the lift install to check for rubbing. So far I’m only rubbing on the running board bolt that’s an issue for everyone. I’ve been searching for options, but it seems everyone does something different and some of them are things I’d rather not do. I’m thinking if either trying a bolt with a thinner head, but I’ve read that people have a hard time finding one that secures it well. I’m also thinking of pulling it out and just leaving it. Sliders are next on the list and I’ll probably just cut the back half of that section off since it won’t be needed.

Just yank the bolt, you'll be trimming for sliders soon enough and it'll go then anyways.

We will be there sometime in December. I'll be sure to give you a heads up as to when so you can join.
Sounds good. On my current schedule I’m off Wednesday-Friday, but I may be back to weekends off depending on how work goes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom