Southern Cruiser Crawl questions & Chat (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Open event. Bringem on!

Just point them to the registration page and get them signed up.

FastBoats74 said:
Are Land Rovers/Range Rovers invited to our event? I have a couple friends from AL with offroad experience who may attend.

As long as they understand that if their trucks are not leaking oil they shouldn't be cranked.

Tech Inspection

How strict is the vehicle inspection. I have no parking brake or spare tire.

I need a parking brake, I just have not decided how to go about it.

JR

JRFJ4- said:
How strict is the vehicle inspection. I have no parking brake or spare tire.

I need a parking brake, I just have not decided how to go about it.

JR

We'd like it if you comply with the TLCA inspection rules, but we arn't going to turn into safety Nazi's. Mainly we don't want folks wheeling a truck if they arn't aware of a safety issue. The brake on yours is a pretty bid deal, IYWMO. Do you carry a spare on your trailer? That would be good, too.

Brian (clutchee) will chime in here, I'm sure. He's the safety officer.

I'm the only guy here allowed to wheel without brakes. Get it fixed.

Parking Brakes

I've got 4 wheel disc brakes, just no parking brakes. If I have to, I will splice in a ball valve into the front brake lines.

Also, I had wheels built with 3" backspacing to run 15" wheels on my front axle. I need another wheel and a 44 inch bogger :mad: I'm might have to find a 16.5 wheel.

Oh well, just some things to come up with I guess. The search for a spare bogger has began.

JR

Last edited:
Put a line lock on it. Problem solved! Bring it awn!

Lager,

JRFJ4-like bodean said-line lock it. :D

My only issue is when your going up/down a trail the people in front or behinds saftey:eek:

As far as a spare.....thats your choice....not having a spare doesn't cause injury but no parking brake could.:eek:

As Euclid stated I'm not going to be a NAZI about tech inspection but something that could possibly injure a fellow cruiserhead or their family will get my attention!:whoops:

I'm not the guy to be talking about safety(I weedeat in flip flops)...but a line lock isn't an emergency brake...it's a parking brake. That being said..it's not going to bother me one way or the other.

Last edited:
Line Lock

A line lock is easy enough, it's just that it has to have power to stay on. I didn't figure that would be good enough. It actually should be mechanical to be real safe, but my cruiser has not had one for over 17 years now. I could care less one way or the other. I'll get one on it.

Get to work on them rigs.

See yall in October.

JR

Last edited:
It'll only need power for a few seconds to pass the safety check. I also don't expect it to have to stay on for more than a few minutes on the trail as well. See ya there!!!

Build you a 4x4 with a screen door handle and if you throw it out fast enough it can be a parking brake. (I've seen it!) Bring it awn! We look forward to wheelin with ya! Register!

Later,

TiredIronGRB said:
I would really like to come, I've never been to a TLCA event...heck I've never wheeled with another Land Cruiser. The only problem is with the Volvo portals I don't have a parking brake and with drum brakes a line lock is pretty useless.

Oh, I'd like to see that rig, fix something up and bring it!

Wheel Chucks....BIG ONES ;)

31 truck registered so far. I'm guessing we will be around 50 trucks. Pleanty of room for everybody!

If Auburn loses a game before then I will be there, but if Auburn and Florida come into the game that weekend undefeated, then I just don't know.

Eric,
Get him to the ride. That ain't right.

dragr1 said:
If Auburn loses a game before then I will be there, but if Auburn and Florida come into the game that weekend undefeated, then I just don't know.

Auburn has MSU this weekend. With State's incredible offense and superior coaching, Auburn will have a loss by then for sure. :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom