Source for fridge drop slide that sells/ships to USA? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

CharlieS

GOLD Star
Threads
Does anyone know of a source for a fridge drop slide that is in or ships to the USA?

I've found four companies that do/did make them:
  • MSA 4x4 (can't find anyone who ships to the US from AUS)
  • Clearview (US distributor out of stock, Canada distributor won't sell to US)
  • Platinum (Slee used to carry them, but no longer listed on their site)
  • Tembo Tusk (no longer available)
Like a lot of stuff, they seem readily available in AUS but not here.

I've got a bunch of trips in the 200 planned for this year, and I'm looking for options for making a fridge more accessible.

The drop slide option would let me keep both cargo drawers in place rather than flat slide options that eat up one side of the drawer system.

I've seen som DIY versions, but I'm afraid it'd look pretty hacked together if I try to make my own. This is definitely plan C or D if I can't find something better.

Does anyone know of a source for a fridge drop slide that is in or ships to the USA?

I've found four companies that do/did make them:
  • MSA 4x4 (can't find anyone who ships to the US from AUS)
  • Clearview (US distributor out of stock, Canada distributor won't sell to US)
  • Platinum (Slee used to carry them, but no longer listed on their site)
  • Tembo Tusk (no longer available)
Like a lot of stuff, they seem readily available in AUS but not here.

I've got a bunch of trips in the 200 planned for this year, and I'm looking for options for making a fridge more accessible.

The drop slide option would let me keep both cargo drawers in place rather than flat slide options that eat up one side of the drawer system.

I've seen som DIY versions, but I'm afraid it'd look pretty hacked together if I try to make my own. This is definitely plan C or D if I can't find something better.
You could try Rhino Adventure Gear:

DOMETIC CFX3 Fridge Slide - https://www.rhinoadventuregear.com/collections/kitchen/products/dometic-cfx-fridge-slide

Or Equipt:

FRIDGE SLIDES - https://www.equipt1.com/collections/fridge-slides

Thank you. Seems like they both only carry regular slides.

I'm looking for the ones that come out and then down. So I can have the fridge on top of my cargo boxes, but when accessing stuff, it is at the level of the tailgate.

This kind of thing:

1645480970737.png

In motion here:

Last edited:
Ahh, did not read it close enough.

No worries. There are some good products at those links.

The tilt and slide might be a good way to go. I'll look into this option a little more closely.

I have an Alucab tilting slide, it’s solid. If you’re interested, I believe my local shop in Boston has them in stock

Maybe an owner lift kit instead? 9” and no rubbing even with oversized boots.

https://www.amazon.com/ACSTEP-Foldable-Step-Stool-Kitchen(Black)/dp/B09472RY19/ref=sr_1_14?crid=1N65ZC086FSTA&keywords=Step+stool&qid=1645488811&sprefix=step+stool%2Caps%2C89&sr=8-14

Here’s a AU source for MSA 4x4.

I have an Alucab tilting slide, it’s solid. If you’re interested, I believe my local shop in Boston has them in stock
Agreed and also have the Alucab and it's very sturdy with a fully stocked National Luna 60L. fridge/freezer. Nice bearings and less moving parts.

I think Adventure Imports does the MSA slides - Matt Scott, same guy that imports maxtrax.

I heard him talking about them on a podcast. If not, maybe he can tuck a few in the next container

Thanks for the alternatives everyone, and the hook up with your connection in Boston, @CT3.

I'm getting an Alu-Cab Tilting Slide.

FYI - Dunn and Watson in AUS will sell the MSA 4x4 drop slide to the US, but freight is over $500 (at least to me in VT). It gets to be a pretty pricy setup. Here is a contact if you want to get any MSA stuff from them: sales@dunnandwatson.com.au

Reactions: CT3
So, I took forever to get this done...

The red hinges are the replacement removable version, which is a necessity in this configuration.

DD766F22-3969-4CEC-B1DD-952069134E8C.jpeg
EF410480-0025-4C6C-A093-0E5588FDD420.jpeg
CC02CB09-AB31-4407-81CD-AF83202D4FA2.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom