Source for 2F oil cooler lines (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

HemiAlex

Long live the 2F
Supporting Vendor
GOLD Star
Threads
Website
yotaoilfilters.com
Is there still factory hose available or is the a better replacement? I'm going to redo all the rubber fuel line in the engine bay anyway, might as well do this.

I didn't get a good look if they're pre formed hoses or if normal flexible hose can be used.

Ummm- doesn't the oil cooler connect directly to the block?

As to the water lines to it, I pieced together things I found at the local parts place...

t

I just noticed seeping goop coming out of the hoses, I'm used to an oil cooler being an air cooled plate and fit heat exchanger coming from an oil port, not a block mounted unit being cooled by engine coolant.

My thought process is more aftermarket oriented, I've never worked on anything with a factory oil cooler.

I guess coolant lines make more sense than oil lines.

I've got a lot of parts store 5/8" hose in my engine bay. Just cut to fit. I even used it between the hard line mounted on the valve cover and the thermostat. No kinking. The formed hoses are cool, but I like the availability. I even carry a section in my truck with me.

Some of the hose part numbers from older Toyota on-line parts websites have been superceded. If you order Toyota hoses using the older part numbers you'll actually get more hose than you need. For instance, the two sections of hose coming off the front of the oil cooler (for the later FJ40s and all FJ60s with a section of pipe included in the run) are just straight sections of hose - if you order two to match the parts diagram, you'll actually get two sections long enough to do both sections. I believe the section of hose coming off the back/top of the oil cooler is also now just a straight section. The only preformed piece is the one attached to the top of the thermostat housing. So I'd order the preformed (from Toyota or NAPA) and replace the rest withn generic parts store hose.

Use the Gates green stripe. Great stuff. There's a HD truck version. Carquest had it. Might need new copper rings for the unions that hold the cooler to the block.

image.jpeg

Here's what I bought from Cdan for adding an oil cooler to my '76 CA spec FJ40. I bought a used upper pipe from Merl at Classic Cruisers and the proper water pump new from Marv at SOR. Along with the oil cooler, thermostat housing, and water outlet housing from my '86 FJ60.

Oil-Cooler-Parts.jpg

There are 2 molded coolant hoses: one Z-bend at upper t-stat and a stubby 30° bend at the WP. The other 2 hoses are regular straight hose. Both molded hoses are available from Toyota.

I've done DIY aftermarket oil coolers on a few of my trucks, including a LandCruiser. I used a hydraulic oil cooler, about 16"x10"x1" off a Bell logging vehicle for the Cruiser, connected with a sandwich adapter under the oil filter, and aircraft grade oil lines

Yup still available as of the beginning of the year when I did my head. Talk to Onur as I got the parts from him... 15777 & 15777A are the exact same line (you just bend one) but will require new clamps as a couple of the clamps are the strap style ones.

I've got a lot of parts store 5/8" hose in my engine bay. Just cut to fit. I even used it between the hard line mounted on the valve cover and the thermostat. No kinking. The formed hoses are cool, but I like the availability. I even carry a section in my truck with me.
Is that the size 5/8?

Any hoses that you have trouble sourcing from Toyota (I had a few the last go around), I was able to find at Napa with the correct bends. Some of the hoses needed to be trimmed to fit but otherwise work well. An option if you run into some that are NLA.

Is that the size 5/8?

Yes. Most heater hoses on our FJ60’s are 5/8” inner diameter. There are some 1/2” hoses. Check Rock Auto. I posted some Gates part numbers in my ROTM thread

Yes. Most heater hoses on our FJ60’s are 5/8” inner diameter. There are some 1/2” hoses. Check Rock Auto. I posted some Gates part numbers in my ROTM thread
I searched for your posts for the Gates part numbers for the oil cooler hoses and could not locate. Would you mind sharing the Gates part numbers for the oil cooler hoses?
Thanks!

@60ranchero follow this LINK

Also note that Gates 28466 could also be used for the hard line on the valve cover to the thermostat housing. I did that later after buying a hose locally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom