Sound matting, dynamat or similar, how many QSFT (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@musthave Do you have any pics of the engine bay and underside of firewall mentioned? Curious how far up the inside firewall you guys are able to take it while dash is still in place

@musthave Do you have any pics of the engine bay and underside of firewall mentioned? Curious how far up the inside firewall you guys are able to take it while dash is still in place

9B876A8A-BEDF-4E9E-AB7A-10A26CC73C22.jpeg
884397CF-AEAE-4747-997E-DE6816A5F843.jpeg

Firewall side shown above. On the inside, I don't have pictures. You can get quite a ways up,and should. If you ever have the dash out, you can do much better.

This definitely falls into the category of mods one undertakes if planning on keeping a vehicle for a long time. I've seen a few pictures from those that have pulled the entire dash, and I really hope to never be in that boat.
Has anyone successfully pulled and reinstalled a 93-94 headliner?

I'd love to do this to mine. I've heard good things about this product from a friend that just installed it on a RAM.

I like the idea of putting a large adhesive type piece on the middle of the door, and then using the sound skins.

I was wondering if someone knows which product would be good for hood insulation. I've looked at most of the references mentioned and I haven't seen 1 that is recommended for engine compartment. I want to replace Factory insulation because I'm going for a some kind of scoop or vents after Turbo install and don't want to cut up a new Toyota 1. THX

Thanks, Would you use the 2nd skin product on underside of hood? It's only rated for 180*

Thanks, Would you use the 2nd skin product on underside of hood? It's only rated for 180*
Ab-so-freakin-lutely not. It is faaaaar too heavy. You’d have to put remote reservoir shocks in there to keep the hood up.

SecondSkin on the underside of the hood works just fine. No issues at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom