For Sale Soft top troopy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have decided to sell my 1972 soft top troopy. I bought it from here over two years ago. I am still up in the air about selling it but I just never drive it and feel like it should be driven more I also do not have an open garage to store it so I store it at my dads house that is an hour away. I am giving mud first shot at it before i put it up on eBay. The previous owner had a write up on here with all the work he did to it.here is the link to it. Chilean Troopy Resurrection- FJ to BJ
Here are the highlights
1972 titled but it’s a 1981 it was a Chilean army soft top that was legally imported I have a clean NJ title for it
3BT engine with approx 2k miles
5 speed
Fj60 power steering
Work since I owned. All fabrication and work was performed by liquid iron industries or my mechanic
4 new BFg all terrain tires they are around 36 inches tall can’t remeber exact size.
New clutch master cylinder
New rear old man emu shocks
New tie rod ends
The radiator had a bunch of little holes so I had the radiator completely rebuilt
New seal Between transfer case and trans
I had a custom rollbar made with 3 point seatbelts installed for front passengers.
Had ebrake installed with custom brackets
New hood and had it painted
Front bib sandblasted and painted
I tracked down some original troopy jump seats(have not installed them yet)
8 corbeau Lap belts installed
$3500 New soft top from trollhole cruisers. The rear soft doors were also redone (top of the line material was used some German material) I just put the top on a few weeks ago. The rear doors are not installed yet. No time.

A couple things I were going to but haven’t gotten around to do it is reupholster the front seats.

I was back and forth with painting it but I like it the way it is so I left it.

I am sure I am Forgetting some stuff.

I am only selling it because I think someone else would use it more than I can. I don’t need the money and do not have to sell it.

Price $20,000.00

Full disclosure For all the haters and keyboard warriors out there. Yes this is more than I paid for the truck and no I am not making money on it. If you have nothing positive to say keep it to yourself. If you don’t like the price go buy another soft top troopy.
Serious inquires can call or text me on my cell six zero nine 471 one nine five three

Thanks

57BF993F-D125-4C67-9468-2A203A2F627E.jpeg

EC515665-A7DA-413D-972B-4908A4B22534.jpeg

4E211CC6-0933-466F-BB3A-B75264C7DCE1.jpeg

A39911FA-26DC-4A51-B75A-DF9870AE9901.jpeg

EF9FBB7C-5AA2-4DA4-B174-AEAF57A993A5.jpeg

It's always nice to see an original Soft Top Troopy,

How many FJ45 FST (LHD) are still out there? 50 or a 100 max ?

GLWS

:cheers:

Last edited:
Troopy is located in New Jersey just outside of Philadelphia.

Lots of interest. Had it out the other day and it runs a drives perfect.

Still for sale. I am not to disappointed I have not sold it yet. I had a few offers already. Since I have gotten the top on I have been driving a lot.

So cool!

Full disclosure For all the haters and keyboard warriors out there. Yes this is more than I paid for the truck and no I am not making money on it. If you have nothing positive to say keep it to yourself. If you don’t like the price go buy another soft top troopy.
Serious inquires can call or text me on my cell six zero nine 471 one nine five three

Thanks

This message should be stated on all posts, can't stand haters sitting in their Grandmother's basement in their underwear just waiting to pounce on a thread, well said my friend, GLWS, if you don't like what you are watching change the channel, Cheers.

Do you know the history of where in Chile this came from and about when? I was in South America in 2012 and 13 chasing Dakar. Way down south Backpacking in Punta Arenas there was a truck identical to this for sale. Any chance its the same one? I seriously though of buying it then and driving it back to the states.

Anyway, it a cool rig, I will dig around to see if I have any pictures of it floating around still.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom